body lift question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

body lift question

chirochad1

Reaction score
Hello all!! My new business is doing well and the money is rolling. Which leads to my next question. Thanks to everyone that helped me on my exhaust upgrade. Anyways, I am looking into a 2" body lift. I have the all ever plagued 97 explorer EB. I have the add-a-leafs purchased and I want to do them both at the same time so I only have to tear the truck apart once. I have done my research on the site and just want some opinions here. If you all could give me your opinions on your lifts as far as quality, durability and overall opinion of your own lifts, that would be greatly appreciated. I have seen where people have bought from national tire and wheel, desert rat, jc whitney, etc., where are some good places to buy?
Thanks again to all!!!

I have the James Duff 2.5" and I think that it is by far the strongest lift on the market for the Explorer. Since they have several different packages you could upgrade your lift in the future. Such as, I started with the standard lift, 425$ and upgraded to the dual shocks, 125$ + shocks, and now I have the longer radius arms 330$ or if you have the cash spring for the entire lift. The only problem is the amount of lift, most say that four inches is the way to go but I think that 33's are possible with the flared front fenders and a small rear trim, lower center of gravity and less sway. Just my opinion, if you have any more questions about the lift let me know.

Back