body roll with body lift and sas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

body roll with body lift and sas

hey everyone. I have a 3" body lift on my 97 sport with a hpd44 and about 10" of suspension lift. I have a lot instability on the road going on. I have a rear sway bar and soon to have a front one. I plan on running quad shocks up front as well.

Would it be worth taking my body lift off to help eliminate bodyroll/ upgrade handleing? i'll have to have my exhaust tips dropped lower and resize my steering shaft if i lose the body lift. so is it worth dropping the body lift down, or does it not make that much difference in handeling?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well yeah, the body lift removal will most definitally lower the cog, but is it worth the trouble, will the gain in stability be significantly noticable?

You probably dont need quad shocks up front -- these will just make the ride too firm but not really help much in the instability. The anti-sway bars will help greatly though. You might also want to check the panhard and steering link angles to try to minimize bump steer.

Yes, loose the body lift and get a front sway bar. I don't see the need for all those shocks up front either.

well i figured since broncos have quad shocks up front, why wouldn't you need them with a v8 explorer? i figured it would help with stability onroad.

I got the same "problem" goin' on... I adjusted the shocks from the stiffest setting to the softest.... it actually rides better... still has some sway but its not uncontrollable anymore....

I carried my spare on the roof and noticed the sway was greatly increased.... I would definately lose the BL...

what size tire are you running...? I got 10" lift and 37's....

i'm running 35's. I love the height, but i don't see any clearance problems if i lost the body lift, other than the caster alignment. I'll have to move the radius arms foward a little so the wheel doesn't hit the fender when it flexes. No big deal since i'm going to install extended radius arms in a couple of weeks. so the consensus vote is remove the body lift even though it's a lot of work?

well i got a frame height warning and a bumper height ticket today as well as a window tint warning. That helped make up the decision to drop the body lift

thats why I love AR.... you dont even hafta have fenders.... LOL

Arkansas

"There's no law governing suspension upgrades, but there is a statute that restricts the height of headlights. They can't be lower than 24 inches or higher than 54 inches from the ground. However, the overall height restriction is 13 feet 6 inches without permit, thereby limiting all those dreams you just had."

heres a cool link to some lift laws... http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-corner/lift-laws.htm

Back