Yomie's SAS....Again | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yomie's SAS....Again

I've finally been able to start to gathering up parts for a 44. I'm going to be using a HPD44 running it full width, with ford outers. Just a warning, this might take some time.

In the mean time, i took off the 3" BL, i cut up the front bumper, cut my front fender openings Jefe style, cut off the pieces behind the rear wheels, made the rear frenderwells a little bit larger, and completely removed the rear bumper to start fabbing one up.

In the end i still only plan on running a 36-37" tire. I will still be leafs. I will update this thread as i make more progress. So to start, no more body lift!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LONG ASS radius arms, with rubicon joints.

09-11-06_1513.jpg

09-11-06_1514.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

now thats a nice change of plans :)

Good call, I think 48" is what my RA's are. I recomend going to the 5.5" coils though ;)

Stic-o said:
Good call, I think 48" is what my RA's are. I recomend going to the 5.5" coils though ;)

He was just looking at your thread actually, and decided to go with the 5.5 rock-crawler coils.

Stic-o said:
I think 48" is what my RA's are
Wow really? thats feaking long

IZwack said:
Wow really? thats feaking long

Yeap :D I actually used the t-case skid plate holes to bolt the RA mounts in. Well after I drilled them out a bit. ;)

Glad to hear he's going with the 5.5's :thumbsup:

Stic-o said:
Yeap :D I actually used the t-case skid plate holes to bolt the RA mounts in. Well after I drilled them out a bit. ;)
Same here. :)

Still building the axle, but runnin 37" mt/r's.

09-28-06_1710.jpg

09-28-06_1706.jpg

Good god those are huge.

Hartman said:
Good god those are huge.

Yeah, they are mounted on 15x8's too

Welded the 8.8 this past weekend. Well...034x4 did.

Come on get it together, it's like you've never done one of these :p:

LOL so many SAS projects going on - FOCUS!! :p:

It's going to be wicked Reggie. I can't wait to see it when it's done. And when I get my truck done, we should all go to that place that's like 2 hours from yall.

Brenton

By that time I'll probably be in california. I'm booked labor wise until then. I have absolutely no free-time.

I ment like after you get back Jey, cuz I'll be needing to get my tranny, tcase, etc.

Brenton

UPDATE,

i got a set of chevy flat top knuckles i will be using but still running 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

finishing up the RA's and got the coils in already, will hopefully start mocking it up in the next weeks.

Are those the knuckles that Brenton was gonna use on his SAS or did you find another pair?

Pics?

Back