Other:
-Optima red top
-Basic Trauma kit (minus O2)
-K&N FIPK 2
-Flow Master Exhaust
-1/2 locked

Hopefully coming soon:
-???

Thank you to everyone that has helped me, and the site!

Attachments

• g-mtn2.jpg
    g-mtn2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,439
  • Stuck1.jpg
    Stuck1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 811
  • DSC00549.JPG
    DSC00549.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 798
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 726

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I picked it up from the local Ecology yard a little less than a month ago.

I had been looking at a couple of ranger bumpers, but it would have taken more time to make it work than I was willing to invest, and this one had the advantage of all that I had to do was R&R, and add a coat of paint.

It definitely helps with my approach angle...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! How do they fit on the front with just the TT? I imagine losing 2" in width helps to fit the extra height.

nice truck. I was wondering how those 34's fit with just the tt/shackle lift. how much did you have to trim. i have the tt/shackle lift and thinking about getting some 33's after my 3" BL. if those 34's fit with just the tt I might just go ahead and get some 35's after my bl.

The only trimming that I've done so far is at the back of the front wheel wells.

In the pictures you can see where we started the cut at the top, and then we just tried to maintain a nice line all the way down. In total only ~1.5" of fender had to be cut back. I also pushed the front bumper out about 1/2" by using some washers. It does still rub a little at full stuff, but there really isn't a whole lot that I can do about it.

For the rear I haven't done anything yet besides the springs and shackles and the tires fit, although just barely.

My recommendation is to do the lift that you want, then figure out what size tire you want to run and trim accordingly once they're on. 35's would be sweet, but it's the 12.5 width that's going to cause you the most problem.

Attachments

• trim1.jpg
    trim1.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 449
  • trim2.jpg
    trim2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 490
  • trim3.jpg
    trim3.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 444
  • trim4.jpg
    trim4.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 447

Hey I love your truck, great work! Can I ask where you got the screens for your hella 500's? I hate the plastic covers.

Thanks...:)

I picked them up from the local Autozone. They were the only replacement covers that they had in stock.

oh would have never though autozone would carry those. I looked them up on ebay and there is a set going for right around 5 bucks right now..ends in 5 days so we will see how high it goes. You can run the lights with the covers on right? thats my main reason for considering them....Don't want them to melt or something.

how are the tires holding up so far for you?

After 5 months and 7k miles the rear's are down to about 50%, which is still quite abit. The fronts haven't fared so well do to an issue I'm haveing with the front end, and are just about ready to be replaced.

I love the look and they perform awsome in the dirt/rocks, but I'm not so sure that I would buy them again if I had it to do over...:dunno:

that's a bummer man! Thanks for the update and good luck with the front end issue!

...Hey, do you still own this vehicle???...:p:

...I'm hoping you've been staying off the volleyball court and been working on your truck...:p:

...May have some time on a thursday around the first of August (Before/after) if you are available...

...And where's the pic's of your new bumper??

Back