Boomin's getting a sex change | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boomin's getting a sex change

Boomin's getting a sex change *PICS*

Haha guy well here we go. This weekend I will take the last pics of the truck lowered. I have decided that it is the best for me to lift my truck for 2 reasons. 1 is that it will slow me down some hopefully and 2 is that noone really has done what I am doing to a mountaineer. What my plans are:

Suspention:
-3'' lift spindles
-3'' TT by flipping and rotating the adjuster w/stock bolts
-SOA in rear possibly with shackles

Body:
-3'' body
-3'' Fiberglass fenders

Tires:
-15x10 wheels
-35x12.50 Mt's

I will be posting pics of the progress. This monday/tuesday I am doing the TT and SOA with monoleafs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dabomb5756 said:
Where can you buy the superlift bolt on SOA plates? I cant seem to find em!
If your talking about FROADER's, I agree they look very professional...was wondering the same thing; or do you mean perches you don't have to weld on?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

i belioeve he is looking at the ones to do the SOA without welding on the new perches..
was thinking about the same thing. and looked and looked and could not find them read one other post on here ages ago and it was i think superlift who makes it...

yeah they are the superlift ones that come with the 91-94 5.5 kit i beleive.

soo, you cant just buy em, you gotta buy the whole lift? Thats stupid!

according to the tracking number UPS gave me, your BL is "out for delivery" in Virginia Beach!i! Hope your spindles come today too/already came so you can install those bad boys

Just talked to the UPS guy that deleivers at my work. He is going to get my packages for me and drop them off at my work! Im so excited. I get off at 9pm and I am starting on it then

dude making friends with the UPS guy is a powerful tool!

Just got my lift :) Im so ready to put it on!!!!! Got new wheel bearrings also for the hell of it. I will be putting my lift spindles on tongiht and doing my bodylift Friday

thats awesome.. where did you get your bearings? like autozone or something?

the place i ordered my shackles from is taking forever!!

advance auto is where i got mine. I got the most expensive ones and for all 4 it was like 38$. I think I will need shackles but I need a longer D-shaft first

if yuou need a longer drive shaft my god it is going to be HUGE>...

I can not wait to see pictures of it once it is done...

the wheell bearings are the same thing i did .. it is one of them might as well do it since i am replacing everything else and i am sure with the 35 inch tires the new wheel bearings will be a good thing for you.

good luck with the body lift... are you doing it outide or in a garage. i couldn;t fit into the garage anymore so i was stuck doing it outside in the driveway...
hope you got an extra pair of hands it really helps...

good luck..

Doing the body lift in the driveway. I am confident the tires will fit with just the spindles with minimal rub. My rear had CRAZY flex so i need the body lift so it wont stuff completely into the body

boomin.. don't even worry about lowering the radiator with the BL. Just customize your lower radiator hose to fit.

section525 said:
boomin.. don't even worry about lowering the radiator with the BL. Just customize your lower radiator hose to fit.

isn;t it the radiator shroud that gets affected ot the radiator...

what do you mean customize the lower hose????
please explain for me and others if you could

thansk

Fan shrouds are for sissies. :D Forgot to mention that though.. I'm not running one. That's why it was an option for me.

Fan Shrouds are for people who like cool running engines.

section525 said:
Fan shrouds are for sissies. :D Forgot to mention that though.. I'm not running one. That's why it was an option for me.

where you live does it get extremely hot? 90+ with +90% humidity...and, it still runs?

A couple years ago we warped the heads on a ranger buy not running a shroud after installing a body lift

SHEOT!!!! Brake lines wont reach :( What did YOU do to extend them. Im going to move the mount to give me a little more play but I dont think its going to help.

section525 said:

Mines all chewed up so I took it out. I've got a 6 blade 18" Metal flex-a-lite fan now and without the shroud, my truck sounds like it's got a race car blower on it from 2,000 rpm-up at WOT.

dabomb5756 said:
Fan Shrouds are for people who like cool running engines.

I don't have a shroud, and my engine runs cooler then it did with the smaller fan/shroud. My temp gauge stays on the 3/8 mark constantly, and I've only seen it get to 1/2 one day sitting in traffic.

Back