Boomin's Mounty... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boomin's Mounty...

OK guys I know all of you have seen my old 95x so well here is the new toy I just picked up. Its a 00' Mercury Mountaineer. Here are the specs..

12558Picture_031.jpg

Motor and Driveline
-5.0 V8
-All Wheel Drive (In process of 2wd conversion)
-3:73 gears with LS in rear
-Flowmaster 40 True duals to 3inch slant tips
-Mac intake
-FMS Headers
-Removed EGR system
-Ported upper intake manifold
-GT 40 1'' Manifold Spacer
-75mm Pro-m MAF
-ZEX 100 Shot N2O Kit

Interior / Electronics
-All leather
-Message center
-Digital climate control
-Alpine 7995 Head Unit
-Rockford Fosgate 2 ga wire kit
-Infinity Kappa 5x7's with rotating tweeter in all 4 doors
-door speakers pushed by an MTX 502
-Hifonics Zeus 5000 with remote bass gain
-2004 Hollywood Edge 12'' Sub in a custom box
-cobra radar detector

Suspention
-2'' drop via Tortion twist
-1'' Rear drop block
-Magnum drilled rotors (rear)
-Painted calipers Red
-Energy Suspention 4.5'' Endlnks
-18x9 Mustang bullets
-255/55R18 Falken Ziex Tires

Exterior
-Removed V8 embelms for 5.0 ones
-Front windows tinted 20%
-Custom grille finished and clear corners by oct 1st

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I first laid eyes on her....
12558Picture_106.JPG

12558Picture_107.JPG

12558Picture_108.JPG

Well I got the 18x9's on and Painted my tails.....
12558Picture_133.JPG

12558Picture_134.JPG

12558Picture_135.JPG

If you notice I still had temp tags on which shows I waste NO time!

Now she is lowered 2 in front, 1 in back...
12558Picture_151.JPG

12558Picture_149.JPG

Well here she is after a nice detail and With the true duals on.....
12558Picture_031.JPG

12558Picture_034.JPG

12558Picture_033.JPG

12558Picture_029.JPG

What color are you painting the custom bumpers?

Everything is going to stay 2-tone for now. The front bumper will be one off a 95-98 explorer with an EE airdam. The Grille will be like the Grille they sell from EE for explorers for like 250$. It has just the 1 bar that goes across the middle. I will have that painted white instead of chrome. Im also making the rear splashguards like the ones James T had but just a tad different. I need to do all the painting soon because I can paint everything myself in school where it costs me barely nothing. After his stuff is done say hello to motor mods :)

Cool, can't wait to see it. Have you ever thought of molding an airdam to the mounty bumper? I was thinking about doing that, but I couldn't get the bumper for cheap enough from the salvage yard. :(

Well the thing is the mounty bumper is all 1 peice. Its not 3 like the explorers are. So in that case I would have to cut it all up which im not a fan of doing. As soon as i get a explorer bumper my mounty bumper will be F/S so watch in the F/S forum.

The 99 ex is one peice. I was thinking of using the one for 99-01 ex's on the mounty bumper. That would be way custom. It wouldn't fit easily, so that is why you pull out the fiberglass. You already have an EE airdam from your old Ex so I agree with the route you are going. Much easier.

When i first got my truck it was hard to get it over 100 mph. Got the intake on and true duals and had no problem finding speed limiter ;)
12558speed.jpg

i can see a way to make the mountie bumper really cool very easily...

how much are you gonna want for it?

How about tell me your idea first and then i'll give you an offer ;)

Lookin bad ass! You took a picture of the speedo while going 106.5mph in a corner?? :eek: :D

expo5.0 said:
i can see a way to make the mountie bumper really cool very easily...

how much are you gonna want for it?

What is your idea? Is it like my idea? Note: I have no interest in the bumper.

Section525- I was thinking the same thing :eek:

I was slowly switching lanes on I-95 and my steering wheel was crooked when I got the truck. My moms 00' was crooked also right from the factory.

BTW: New pics of custom grill will be up soon ;)

Well took the mounty to the track... It is a local 1/8 track. I ran a 10.6 at 65mph which isn't bad considering all it has is intake and exhaust with 85k miles and with everything in it (stereo, Clothes, ect.). I am starting a collection of "go-fast" goodies slowly. It will have and E-cam, 1.6 rockers and a intake spacer for between the upper and lower intake manifold as soon as I decide to put in some overtime.

boominXplorer said:
Well took the mounty to the track... It is a local 1/8 track. I ran a 10.6 at 65mph which isn't bad considering all it has is intake and exhaust with 85k miles and with everything in it (stereo, Clothes, ect.). I am starting a collection of "go-fast" goodies slowly. It will have and E-cam, 1.6 rockers and a intake spacer for between the upper and lower intake manifold as soon as I decide to put in some overtime.

Right - I forgot that everytime I goto the track I always strip before my run.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha the back of my truck is like a closet! mine and other anomomus females clothing articals. That all adds up. Ricers would think they lost 2 seconds if they had an extra pair of jeans in there.... :p

Back