• Register Today It's free!

bought new u-joints....

yyc_tbird_sc

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92
So I found out what my noise issue was....it turned (literaly) out that the forward u joint on the front driveshaft was able to move around. I'm not sure if it's from the bearing cap giving way or the yoke becoming deformed, but we'll find out when I tear it apart.

I stopped by a couple shops just for u-joints, spicer's to be exact. Well...while I was there I also picked up manual hubs, rancho 5000 shocks, new radius arm bushings, plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and some grease. hmm... I was just saying that I've been really good for not buying stuff for a vehivle this year for christmas, oh well. I've already got all the other fluids sitting in the garage. So... looks like I'm gonna have a busy night. Any tips? lol.

Just a quick question though...for the front double cardan joint, what kind of special grease fitting will I need to get in there. I've heard that one of the fittings is not accessible normally.

Check out the U-joint link in my sig line lots of good info and pics... The centering ball stud doesn't have a std grease fitting but you can use needle grease tips to get grease behind the ball...
18205Double_Cardan_U-joint_2.jpg

at summit racing there are "Ford Racing U-Joint Conversion Kits" are these the u-joints i need to do this job?

Back