• Register Today It's free!

Brake light on after SAS

Chris4x4Gill2

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XL 4x4
I hope I picked the right forum cause I wasnt sure which it would be best in.

I've had my truck up and running for a while now with the SAS. Driveshaft is the last piece and should be here this week. I know the ABS light is going to stay on till the bulb goes out, but thats not the question.

Recently the parking brake light has come on and wont go off. It jsut started about a week ago. What does this mean? Anyone else had this happen? should I worry about anything?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

low fluid

boominXplorer said:
low fluid

Please tell me I'm just flat out too drunk to think your serious with this on??? ;) :D Some peoples kids......I swear.

Do you still have your factory e-brake hooked up???

Check the tension on the cable along the frame rail then check your pedal. The last time mine broke it acted like this for like a week before it finally snapped. Just make sure its not the pedal. Sometimes you can get a weak cable which causes the pedal to fall down enough to trip the light on.

Derrick C. said:
Please tell me I'm just flat out too drunk to think your serious with this on??? ;) :D Some peoples kids......I swear.

Do you still have your factory e-brake hooked up???

Actually, he's right..... There are only two things that can cause that light to come on: One is the parking brake switch, the other is the low brake fluid level sensor in the reservoir. Having just had the brakes apart, either one is a possibility. I like to start with the easy stuff. Popping the hood to take a look-see is easy.

-Joe

It was low fluid level. Thanks for reminding me about that. It would have been forever till I thought to check it because since it was the parking break light, I was looking in the wrong spots.

Thanks guys.

Back