BrianBuilt intake adapter with AEM Dryflow filter and Pre-filter
Dynomax cat back exhaust with
High flow cat
Spectre 3" Aluminum intake
BBK Throttle Body
5 speed manual trans With custom transmission mount
4.10 gears
Front D35 TTB, locked
Rear 8.8 with disc brakes, Powertrax No-slip locker, welded tubes to diff, Riddler Cover
Warn manual hubs
Manual BW1354 Transfer Case (swapped in)

Chassis & Suspension:
Skyjacker 2" coils and add a leafs
1" custom aluminum body lift
Quick disconnect front swaybar
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks rear
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks front
F250 Shock Tower Conversion
Custom Extended Radius Arms

Interior:
PRP daily driver seat
Cobra CB
E-track cargo tie down system
Lowrance HDS 5 Baja GPS for offroad explorations
Yaesu FT2800 HAM Radio

Wheels & Tires:
LT265/75R16 Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP tires (currently, Cooper STT and BFG MT in the past)
16" GenII teardrop wheels, formerly had 15" stock Gen II teardrop wheels

Misc:
Warn 9000lb multi mount winch with synthetic rope
Onboard Air using Viair 480c compressor and 2.5 gallon tank
Front diff guard from BrianBuilt
Rear u-bolt skid plates and raised shock mounts from BrianBuilt
Raised axle and t-case breathers
Custom Bolt-on Rock Sliders (version 2.0)
Custom Winch bumper
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier
9" Vision X ADV Cannons LED Lights (Old: 9" import LEDs and 7" HID Lights)
Reverse light
Pro-comp extended brake lines
9007 Headlight conversion
Fuel Pump Access Panel
Replacement Door Weatherstripping
Dual Batteries with auxillary fuse block
ARB Awning
ARB Fridge
Maxtrax Recovery Boards
Trasharoo Spare Tire Trash Bag

Project Super Stock

IMG_20170310_150924626_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170311_133734236.jpg

IMG_20200825_162657029.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Maybe we can get two Rangers in your avatar from this next Mojave run...:biggthump

...Now if you two would quit adding stuff to your trucks, maybe one of mine could catch up on the mod's...:D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

This thread needs more pictures! I haven't really kept up with it over the years so here are a few mods I have made in the past but never really documented.

This is listed in my mods but here is a picture. It is my custom intake with KKM filter and adapter and Spectre modular intake.

m_finished2.JPG

I also run several electrical accessories so I have made a box where all my auxiliary power is routed to and from. My first version used a plastic card file box and I had outgrown it. I replaced it with a cast aluminum water resistant (used to be waterproof before I drilled holes in it :p:) enclosure box with additional circuit breakers and an extra relay.

m_rewiring (6).JPG
m_rewiring (7).JPG

Last year I replaced my motor mounts and then turned my attention to my tranny mount. I fabricated my own transmission mount similar to Autofabs from parts I had on hand.

DSC07681.JPG

Also the last mod I did was replacing my single core radiator with a brand new 2 core radiator from an automatic transmission application. A quick trip to the junkyard and I had a fan shroud from an automatic Explorer (in order to clear the thicker radiator) and had the new one installed! It worked great on the last few trips.

...Now if you two would quit adding stuff to your trucks, maybe one of mine could catch up on the mod's...:D

More like mine needs catching up to yours in the suspension department ;)

You know, we're not that far apart - we all run 32" BFGs...

I bought new weatherstrip for my front 2 doors. They were long overdue. The old ones were torn and very worn and let water and even dust in too easily. I got them from AMAutoPart, they were about $30 per door. Now I just need to do one of my middle doors but that will wait...

Old, torn weatherstripping:

m_DSC00123.jpg

Part number:

m_DSC00122.jpg

Silver Sharpie to mark the cut:

m_DSC00128.jpg

The cut end, notice the metal lining and the pre-applied 'goop' that is used to stick to the metal.

m_DSC00129.jpg

Due to the metal being in the weatherstripping I found the easiest way to cut it was with a 4.5 angle grinder with a cut-off wheel.

m_DSC00130.jpg

Also buy an air freshener, the new weatherstripping stinks for a while

...Cool...:biggthump

..I just noticed the seals started missing a couple chunks on my X...I will be doing this in the future and using this info...

...as for air fresheners, I get mine here...:D
http://www.tedshreds.com/index.cfm?pageID=2&Cat=5

Nice! Any affiliation? :D I am using a freebie freshner I got from an auto show back in November.

I also stumbled on a picture taken in 1999 of my Explorer a few months after I got it and a picture from Colorado in July 2000. Added to my first post :thumbsup:

Brian,

I'd suggest changing your fuel pump at 200,000 miles.

I took Scott's advice and changed it out with a Bosch pump today. The wierd part was it was a Bosch part but the actual pump had Walbro stamped on it :scratch: The fuel pump access door I made a while back came in real handy. Replaced and all buttoned up in less than 30 minutes.

I also replaced the original belt tensioner with a new one as preventative maintenance. And with that it checks another two off the to do list. Now the fun really begins.

Attachments

• m_DSC00133.jpg
    m_DSC00133.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 973

...What are you using for post clamps??

..The Tsunami Gold post clamps for $15 @ at Autozone were the best I can find so far..:dunno:

...and..:scratch:...Whats in the white boxes?

...What are you using for post clamps??

..The Tsunami Gold post clamps for $15 @ at Autozone were the best I can find so far..:dunno:

...and..:scratch:...Whats in the white boxes?

The white boxes were the weatherstripping. Battery post clamps/terminals are some I had already. They are the marine kind with wing nuts.

...New wire from Home Depot?..0-2-4 gauge?

That is custom ordered 2 ga. wire with my last name printed on it :thumbsup: I have it already run to the front and back bumpers for my multi-mount winch. I am just going to have to splice into it somewhere, run a new ground to the new battery and a new cable from the solenoid to the other battery. Battery will be mounted under the body somewhere, no room under the hood :(

Had the back passenger door striker bushing break apart so I went to Autozone and found a replacement pack in the Help section. Well after searching on here (after I bought them and tried them) they are known to be completly the wrong size and only fit the rear doors making half of the pack useless. I had some plastic rod laying around so I made my own to the same specs as the old bushing. I think it was .600" OD with a 15/32" thru-hole. I made 4 of them and put the 3 extras in my spares box.

Attachments

• door bushings.JPG
    door bushings.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 983

...I had to go to home depot's garden section to get the replacement for my door post bushings on my X...:p:

Just got back from Moab and had a package waiting for me. I opened it right up and mounted it then did a little rewiring. Had to wait till dark to test it out though...

I got a new LED aux. reverse light! I had been using a round halogen tractor light as my aux backup light and while it did help it really didnt put out the light. My new light puts out lots of white light, I am very happy with it. It is square instead of round but fits in the same place. It has 6 LEDs and a cast aluminum housing.

Attachments

• DSC00210 (Small).JPG
    DSC00210 (Small).JPG
    25 KB · Views: 973
  • J-14605-01 (Small).jpg
    J-14605-01 (Small).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 986

...Got a link for info on the bling bling light?..:D

What was the OD of aluminum you used for the body lift? Thinking of adding a 1" body lift to my ranger.

I made this battery tray back in June for a dual battery to provide auxillary power for my fridge, radios and other accessories. I will keep you guessing until my next post where it mounts...

Attachments

• m_DSC00386.jpg
    m_DSC00386.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 867
  • m_DSC00384.jpg
    m_DSC00384.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 834
  • m_DSC00381.jpg
    m_DSC00381.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 879
  • m_DSC00377.jpg
    m_DSC00377.jpg