Broken bolt repair help (water pump/timing chain cover) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken bolt repair help (water pump/timing chain cover)

Your broken bolt wasn't structural, you're going to find you were better off just removing the water pump and sealing it up good. It's an old truck, OCD aside, it's not too late to turn back...

Bill

Your broken bolt wasn't structural, you're going to find you were better off just removing the water pump and sealing it up good. It's an old truck, OCD aside, it's not too late to turn back...

Bill

i totally agree. i think i would have tried sealing it up first. if it leaked, it wouldn't be any more work than what the PO is now doing, and if it didn't leak he'd save a ton of time and aggravation.

PO... if you go forward with the timing cover removal, i'd install a new timing set while you're in there. pretty inexpensive and easy to do.

I would have skipped it if it were my daily driver, but its my wifes and she shuttles the kids and I just couldnt leave her potentially in the lurch. She doesnt take that sorta thing well (not angry, but emotional).

Back