• Register Today It's free!

Broken Rear Interior Door Handle

Togman

Reaction score
City, State
Va Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4x4
My rear seat interior door handle pulls out, but does not open the door, sort of like something has come loose??

Anyone have any ideas for a fix? (Cold in the 20's & windy here right now, so pulling off the door panel might not be that great an idea just yet, but it needs to be inspected & needs this fixed prior).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Togman,

Have similar issue. Pulled door panel and actuator rod was bent. Straightened it and this would have fixed it, though I'm having issue now with interior door handle latch, when pulled will snap to opened position and not release.
Will pickup replacement handle assy. in a day or two.
Hope this helps.

-Mike

$8.46 at RockAuto.com :thumbsup:

4077155.jpg

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1119686,parttype,1288

Not much more than that in the AutoZone help section if you need it immediately.

The plastic gears inside over time will break or deform to where the last bit of the pull does nothing. I've had to replace a few. It usually starts with having to pull the handle really hard and all the way out to just barely release the door, then it won't open at all. I realized I had a problem when a buddy pulled the door handle out of the door trying to open it...

actually, Autozone is $16.99.

NAPA is $8.79 in store :thumbsup:
Item#: BK 7355386

actually, Autozone is $16.99.

NAPA is $8.79 in store :thumbsup:
Item#: BK 7355386

Seriously?? That much difference? Man...inferior parts, inferior help (due to their unwillingness to pay for knowledgeable help), and this kind of pricing. Makes me wonder how they keep the doors open. Exactly why Checker's/Shuck's/Kragen's went down the road.

Back