Bumper covers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bumper covers

Reaction score
City, State
North Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Just wondering... Would the '00 Style bumper Cover, the one with the round fog lights... Bolt on to the '97 explorer?
Thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as far as i know yes.... the 00 bumper will bolt on. different fog light harness i think. so u might have to convert to 00 pigtails. and replace current light brackets with 00 ones... i looked into doing it to me 97 awd 5.o Ex

But What would I need? Just the bumper cover? Do I need the Bumper assembly and Bumper Support too...

Can I use the my 1997 Bumper Support for the '00 Bumper Cover?

Thanks...

xxwhitecastlexx said:
But What would I need? Just the bumper cover? Do I need the Bumper assembly and Bumper Support too...

Can I use the my 1997 Bumper Support for the '00 Bumper Cover?

Thanks...

i would just get the 00 bumper and cover foglights and foglight brackets, and swap the entire thing out. this way u avoid any little differences.. if any between the 2. i priced one at a junk yard 200 for it all. including fog';s and brakets

im in the process of trying to do this swap. if you can find one complete at the junk yard thats the way to do it but i cant. i bought a cover on ebay for $100 shipped so now trying to find the rest of the pieces

Back