Bumper removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bumper removal

Hey guys,

How do I remove the front bumper on my 01 sport? I guess I need to take it off to put on the body lift. Also how does the rear bumper come off? I searched on here, but nothing that gives any help on the sport models from 01-03. Thanks.

-Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would love to help you but it has been some time since I have done the front end of a third gen. Sorry. Seek out a Haynes manual, I think that stuff is in there.

MONMIX said:
I would love to help you but it has been some time since I have done the front end of a third gen. Sorry. Seek out a Haynes manual, I think that stuff is in there.

yeah, none of the autoparts places around here have a haynes or chilton manual, they say they will have to special order it. I'm gonna try and do the lift tommorrow so hopefully i'll be able to figure it out.

-Rich

unbolt evreything north of the frame rails?

i think i got the front figured out, wondering if i even have to remove the back though.

-Rich

churd69 said:
yeah, none of the autoparts places around here have a haynes or chilton manual, they say they will have to special order it. I'm gonna try and do the lift tommorrow so hopefully i'll be able to figure it out.

-Rich

I found mine at Meijers in the automotive section, maybe check there, I know you have Meijers up there. Maybe it was just a freak occurance that they had one but they did.

Back