Buried It Up to the Axles Today. Videos and Pictures | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Buried It Up to the Axles Today. Videos and Pictures

Some friends and I went out to the local sand pit / off road area today. I got my new tires earlier this week, thought Id try them out. Well I succeeded :D The new more aggressive tires are a big improvement, let me do things I couldn't do before.

I saw my friends riding around in this water covered area- it seemed to have an OK bottom, water was only about 8" deep. I took off across the hole, it got softer in the middle, where the 4wheelers were riding on top, my truck sank quite a bit. In 4 high, I punched it and made it all the way through the hole. I don't have a video of me, but here is a friends jeep crossing the hole. I crossed a little further to the Right then he did. He took the edge so he could pull me out.

http://www.explorerforum.com/files/45215/DSCF2987.AVI

Once I got across the hole, I wasn't sure where to go and my friend was sitting there on a 4wheeler. The ground looked dry and solid, I pulled up next to him and stopped. I sank like a rock. I tried to back up, just spun, tired to pull forward and dug in. I was buried up to the axles instantly. My tires were free spinning. My sliders were sitting on the ground. IT took us a while to figure out where to pull from because the ground all around where I was because it was so soft. The Jeep nearly got stuck getting back to my truck.

Here is the hole I went across-

stuck_009_Medium_.jpg

Here I am stuck

stuck_007_Medium_.jpg

Buried to the axle-

stuck_005_Medium_.jpg

Here is a video of my getting pulled out-

http://www.explorerforum.com/files/45215/DSCF2988.AVI

And me going back across the hole after being pulled out-

http://www.explorerforum.com/files/45215/DSCF2989.AVI

Here is my truck after getting across the hole the second time

stuck_015_Medium_.jpg

stuck_018_Medium_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet videoo... to bad a jeep pulled you out...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol, thats funny. Looks like you had some fun.

It was fun, but man the cleanup wasn't. I had in excess of a 5 gallon bucket of sand and dirt come out from under my truck. And now when I work on stuff all the remaining sand falls in my eyes.

Park it on the lawn and put one of the sprinklers under it like this:

:D

sprinkler1.jpg

It was fun, but man the cleanup wasn't. I had in excess of a 5 gallon bucket of sand and dirt come out from under my truck. And now when I work on stuff all the remaining sand falls in my eyes.

I know what you mean. We just got a lot of rain here the past few days, and some local level B roads near wetland reserves are calling my name...the only thing holding me back is that I just washed and waxed the explorer last week...eh, I'll pry go get it dirty on the weekend anyway

nice videos

Back