burnout! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

burnout!

today i went out for a drive in my 91 explorer 4x4 and i took my dad with me. He wanted to see if i could do a burnout. i showed him! i got 10 feet of really deep black marks and 7 or so of not so deep marks. it was a 80degree day and the road was right in the sun. what can i do to improve my burnouts and my 0-60 time?:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

KKM, TB, Apten, etc etc, all the regular hp stuff. A s/c would be a big help.

Blower, nitrous, 5.0...

Robb said:
Um, you did a 17' burnout with a stock (160 HP, 4500lb) Explorer?

[Darth Vader voice] Impressive..... Very Impressive! [/Darth Vader voice]

Rocket strapped to the back might help.

no lie. i tryed a powerbreak but i didnt hear the tires spining so i just let go of the break and floored it and it smoked the tires good

95offroadx said:
what can i do to improve my burnouts and my 0-60 time?:burnout:

Why don't you check your other 10 theads :rolleyes:

To improve your burnouts get some really little tires and rims, maybe off a lowrider.

You can only ask how to improve your burnouts and 0-60 times so many times before it starts to get irritating. Wanna improve your burnouts and 0-60? Get somethimg sportier than a 4500 vehicle putting down 140hp to the wheels. Or do some of the mods that were suggested in the other threads. There is no magic burnout adjustment screw. If you want real performance drop a 5.0 in there. If you want to the easier route bolt on a blower, and some NOS.

Try doing a burn out on one of those lake ramp things, I did once got the tires a lil wet and floored it up the ramp, I had to let go of the gas to get the X going. I had some video of me doing some "gay burnouts" but I have since goten rid of them. I call them gay cause not even some smoke showed up.

I did them fully stock, but i'm thinking of making some new video, I have an homemade KKM, Dynomax Exhaust and a MR. Gasket cutout, that i'm thinking of taking the cutout out its to damn loud, and probably ###*s up my hp. Also the throttle body mod with the zip ties so that shoiuld get it going.
Just don't do them to much you will ###* up your a4ld, just had mine rebuilt.
Also even with the blower NOS and crap the a4ld just won't take it and leave you stranded.

boominXplorer said:
Why don't you check your other 10 theads :rolleyes:

Mbrooks420 said:
You can only ask how to improve your burnouts and 0-60 times so many times before it starts to get irritating.

Yeah, at first this wasn't so bad, but really... Do you think that some new burnout device may have been invented for Explorers in the past week? You've asked, we've told you... Do it and stop asking, or accept the fact that an Ex with a flowmaster is not going to give you the performance that you want.

I heard doing lots of burnouts also screws up your spider gears.

you could get lower gears. i dont think it hurts em any more than being stuck in the mud

Being stuck is low traction, low drag on the driveline. Spinning the tires at 30mph and having them bite into the road, and have enough force to lauch the 4500# vehicle into motion puts on a lot of stress.

watch out that you dont mess up your u joints, tranny and converter doing burn outs. when you have a lot of power or the road is wet you will not do as much damage but on dry pavement you can really mess things up.

Easy and cheapest mod for better burnouts it to back off the right rear break. You then can powerbreak untill you break something.

Then you grab the brakes in an emergency situation, and the ass end of the truck whips around because you don't have even braking pressure. :rolleyes: It's not even worth playing with.

Burnouts?

Try jacking the truck up, then floor the throttle and have a friend let the jack down really really quick.

OR

Set it on fire

Buy a jeep

And ask these questions on their board.

Take some crisco......fully cover your tires in it........burn away! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ya the regular cherokees, slow but they burnout all day long

Back