Reaction score
City, State
Columbus
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
had 20 &16 Ltd
Callsign
Bender953
My limited was approved for a buyback (surprisingly even though it has 20k miles) and I looked at the couple posts about buy back procedure but I am not seeing anyone giving a timeline. I was hoping for some suggestions on what to look out for or avoid and how long I might expect the process to take. If they drag their feet when should I start complaining and such. Appreciate any insights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it has already been approved, I don't see why they would drag their feet. I'd think they would drag it to delay an approval etc. As far as timeline, depends on what you are looking for. Refund, replacement? Ford can locate one for you or you can order one. I'd say you are more in the 30-60 days time window depending on what you choose.

My limited was approved for a buyback (surprisingly even though it has 20k miles) and I looked at the couple posts about buy back procedure but I am not seeing anyone giving a timeline. I was hoping for some suggestions on what to look out for or avoid and how long I might expect the process to take. If they drag their feet when should I start complaining and such. Appreciate any insights

Hello Bender953,
I see you are getting a buy back on your 2020 Limited. Do you mind saying why Ford is buying it back. I would love to get rid of my 2020 ST for the chassis/suspension issues , but no luck as of yet. Are you getting another new vehicle or a refund ? Any info would be helpful & much appreciated. Take Care & STAY SAFE !

My buyback was approved but it took 40 days from when I got the e-mail confirming to get my check. All this delay was due to the virus so they said but it appeared to be a stall to me. I did purchase another ST. One word for the buyback process BS. Buy the way I was under the Fl lemon law and it was a slam dunk as it had gone past 30 days out of service.

My buyback was approved but it took 40 days from when I got the e-mail confirming to get my check. All this delay was due to the virus so they said but it appeared to be a stall to me. I did purchase another ST. One word for the buyback process BS. Buy the way I was under the Fl lemon law and it was a slam dunk as it had gone past 30 days out of service.

Ok, good to hear. What was the reason for the buy back, why was it a "lemon "? Did you decide to stick with Ford ? Could you have gotten a refund instead ?

Ok, good to hear. What was the reason for the buy back, why was it a "lemon "? Did you decide to stick with Ford ? Could you have gotten a refund instead ?
It was a 2020 ST and had engine problems @ 6500 miles. It had been in the shop over 30 days which makes automatic for a buyback. It was waiting for parts. I really likes the ST so I got another one. I chose a refund check and since the dealer is a good friend had him locate one to my specs and build date.

It was a 2020 ST and had engine problems @ 6500 miles. It had been in the shop over 30 days which makes automatic for a buyback. It was waiting for parts. I really likes the ST so I got another one. I chose a refund check and since the dealer is a good friend had him locate one to my specs and build date.

Good for you ! At least I have not had a engine problem as of yet. I am midway through my 2 year lease so anything can happen . Thanks for the update.

Any update on the process?

Peter

My buyback took about 30 days to complete. Once contacted by the RAV team you send them copies of your original purchase paperwork then they send you a list of options on weather you want to buy another or get refunded. I am in Ohio and the lemon law is strict so I think that helped the approval process. I also found out my limited was the first 20 explorer the dealership got in so with it being one of the first off the line I assume Ford was more willing to buyback. I chose to purchase another so the RAV team contacted my dealership and then sent a packet of paperwork along with a scheduled closing date for me to come in. The buyback was handled first. I signed a slew of paperwork then got a check refund for my payments made. Ohio doesn't allow "usage" fees (mileage,etc) so they had to refund me my payments. I then used the refund and re-bought the new ST as a separate transaction. My transaction was smooth luckily. I just read where Ford is going to work on cracking down on warranty issue to save money so glad I got through when I did.

.................................................. I just read where Ford is going to work on cracking down on warranty issue to save money so glad I got through when I did.
Thanks for the update. I also read that and didn't think it was really clear as to its meaning. I preferred to look at it from a positive view in that Ford was going to start being more proactive in ensuring that things were looked at more closely to reduce the amount of warranty claims to save money.

Peter

My buyback took about 30 days to complete. Once contacted by the RAV team you send them copies of your original purchase paperwork then they send you a list of options on weather you want to buy another or get refunded. I am in Ohio and the lemon law is strict so I think that helped the approval process. I also found out my limited was the first 20 explorer the dealership got in so with it being one of the first off the line I assume Ford was more willing to buyback. I chose to purchase another so the RAV team contacted my dealership and then sent a packet of paperwork along with a scheduled closing date for me to come in. The buyback was handled first. I signed a slew of paperwork then got a check refund for my payments made. Ohio doesn't allow "usage" fees (mileage,etc) so they had to refund me my payments. I then used the refund and re-bought the new ST as a separate transaction. My transaction was smooth luckily. I just read where Ford is going to work on cracking down on warranty issue to save money so glad I got through when I did.
I'm going through a buy back as well My 2020 Ford Explorer XLT has been in shop since beginning of Sept it qualified lemon law I'm from New York State this truck has been there 3 times for Engine light and also has Front end Noise when driving over bumps it has 11,411 in mileage on it Ford Techs claim they don't know what's wrong with it RAV has told me that process will take about 30 days This is a leased vehicle and my second Ford in a row Ive had engine problems with I had a 2018 Escape before this Explorer maybe time to find a new type of truck pretty frustrated

Back