Buzzing near passenger window of 2016 Ex Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Buzzing near passenger window of 2016 Ex Sport

froody8

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a 2016 Explorer Sport that has an occasional problem where there will be a buzzing sound coming from the front passenger window area when the vehicle travels over uneven road. When I roll the window down, the buzzing stops, and it resumes again once I roll the window back up. Has anyone experienced this before?

TIA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Strange that you can only hear it with the windows up.
Could be the weather seals.
The most commonly reported issue is the cowl below the front windshield, causing a buzzing/humming sound.

I'm thinking it is. It's maddening! And yes, it only happens with the window up, not down. The good news is that I was able to record it while it was happening. I hate the "could not reproduce" response from mechanics. :)

Mine had a buzz towards the passenger side. I look and look, and couldn't find an issue.
But 2 weeks after (maybe 500 miles) it stalled and it show the problem of the throttle body.

I have a 2016 Explorer Sport that has an occasional problem where there will be a buzzing sound coming from the front passenger window area when the vehicle travels over uneven road. When I roll the window down, the buzzing stops, and it resumes again once I roll the window back up. Has anyone experienced this before?

TIA.
Next time you get a chance, fold the passenger mirror inwards and see if that makes a difference. Some members have has issues with the mirrors. Opening the window probably changes the aerodynamic flow. Just a guess.

Peter

I have a buzz and found out what the problem is. it is the cowl. Where is meets the windshild, with wind there is a section that will vibrate.
I found out by using a leaf blower and blowing air around the wind shield.

TSB 14-0029 Whistle or Buzz noise from front cowl panel grille cover at highway speeds.
We had ours replaced, problem solved.

Yes. I had it replaced a couple of weeks ago. So far so good.

Back