Camber solution!!!!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camber solution!!!!!!

I've seen dozens of Explorers bagged with mono leafs, and none of them layed. If you are doing major modifications like installing an 8" notch and running a fuel cell then it makes no sense to me why you wouldn't run a link setup. Besides the fact that they ride better, you can get tons more lift with them and have a somewhat normal pinion angle. You can't get crap for lift with a monoleaf.

It's your truck but I will say that I will believe it when I see it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you have to reread what ive wrote up in there earlier..i have said how i get enough lift and how it rides as good as my friends and brothers link....also....i said why i am not putting a link in it right now

enough lift....when the truck is layed out, you slam the bag to its lowest point (2.9" for my bag) and then install the air over axle brackets...air over axle gives you good lift but its harder to lay if you dont know what your doing.....this allows you to be about 2-3" (max.)on 20's from the fender well when only about 25-30psi is in the bag...(25psi in a 100psi max bag is only a 1/4" filled.....mine hold 180psi max) thus allowing you to have plenty of clearance that you need and still have a soft giving ride....yes you will still have axle hop but it isnt bad enough to affect anything...my brothers factory edge had the same if not worse amount of hop on his factory than mine did with bags and a mono.....get it?

reason for not using a link.................the mono setups i have had i havent had a problem with them riding ruff like everyone else or anything else.....but i had a month at the most to get it bagged and drivable before i had to go back to college which is away from home........i wouldnt have enough time to build a link and install it before i have to go back.....i will eventually install one when i have time just because they look alot cleaner and better.....

does that answer your ?'s just trying to explain and make you see

Now these are real bags...

10.jpg

lol only if its draggin ....bout through to guys

hey man just when your done with everythign just make sure to send me some pics

im through now but i cant get the picts i had to leave it at home when i came back to school but ill get my brother for sure to get me some picts so i can post them for you but when its layed out the camber isnt bad at all and i still have the factory adjusters.....but there was one problem i incountered.......the ranger balljoint was smaller than the explorer in width wise and it wouldnt lock into place....i had to put a weld bead around it and grind it down to the same size as the explorer one and it works fine.....so you must do that to make it work...but it works awesome..!!!!!!

I dont understand what you mean by the balljoint... did you actually have to weld on the ranger balljoint to make it physically bigger so it would fit in the explorer spindle?

I think he means that the Ranger balljoint was smaller so he put it in the spindle and welded it in. I hope that is not a permanent solution, because that is a little dangerous and ghetto.

Thats the thing im trying to figure out- the Ranger joint i had fit the explorer spindle perfect. It was the same as an explorer balljoint, with the exception that it was a real removable balljoint instead of being cast into the arm like the X's.

no no no....ok sorry i wasnt very detailed......the over all balljoint for the ranger was the same size in length, but wasnt in diameter..........you could get it tight and it seemed to fit fine but if you hit it kinda hard the arm would move up and down......the explorer balljoint was a little bit bigger in diameter....you cant tell unless you look at it closely but it was enough to where the ranger joint wouldnt lock into place as good as the explorer one.......get it.......so what we did was around the top and bottom of the ranger joint we layed a weld beed around the circumfrance of it, around it completely and then grinded it down to where it was the exact same size in diameter of the explorer balljoint.........this allowed it to lock into place as good as the explorer joint.....not ghetto or anything like that hart....i swear youre trying to find something wrong with everything i say arent you? wtf is your problem dude? another thing if i had welded it to the spindle why would this be unsafe...lol....it would just be permanent not unsafe.....i dont think you know what you are tlkain about while you are trying to figure out a way to hold me down and from helpin all the others............James, do you understand what i was saying now? sorry for the confusion.....and for the other guy i mean the camber isnt bad when i am layed out on the ground, the toe is off a little bit but the camber isnt that bad at all

btw...i am heading home for some finishing touches on the explorer and stuff so ill try and get some picts of it layed out and up and stuff like that for yall.......thursday is when im heading back but i can get some picts up by friday hopefully

I understand what you're saying. I really dont understand why everything on mine was different than everything on yours, but if it works it works. :)

yeah i gotcha....i wonder too.......but i just used the arms off of my 00ranger i had. But it fit and everything but if you hit it hard then it would come loose.....it wouldnt come out but it would come loose.....maybe yours was like that but didnt notice or maybe it was different but i dont see why it would be though......just weird.....

It came back out with the pinch bolt in too?

no it didnt just read what i wrote before.........also if someone can tell me how to post up picts i have the finishing product.......i cant member the guys email that posted them before but i would like to know how for my good also.........thanks

either you need to be a elite member to attach them on this board or you need your own webspace that you can host them on. I use my own space that I get from my provider to host my images..

ok, AIM industries sells 4 links for explorers 91-94 and 95-97. what is the difference between the two (frame,suspension) and could i get a 95-97 one and put it on my 02 sport trac? just trying to come up with something here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The rear suspensions are the same for all those years. I have a feeling that they just have a universal 4 link kit and just list it under those model years. 4 links are not bolt on. Therefore it is hard for me to believe that there's a vehicle specific link kit for an Explorer, given the lack of aftermarket parts available.

Back