Camber solution!!!!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camber solution!!!!!!

yeah, i dont know if it is vehicle specific but that is what it seemed to me. i'm gonna call them and find out just what the deal is. if it is specific then that would be perfect.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i wouldnt trust a bolt on link not to mention AIM sucks with making products.......i sent the picts to james but i noticed that my email is screwed up so he didnt get them but ima try and get them to him from a nother email if i can tomarow

hey would this work on an 02 sport trac? jegs.com part # 827-87500
Front Camber/Caster Kit for 1995-01 Explorer/1998-up Ranger. 1 Kit Required per Axle
Adjustment Range:
Camber/Caster + or - 2.00 degrees

Here ya go- 00Rngr's ride...

xpic1.jpg

xpic2.jpg

xpic3.jpg

where is the suspension pics? front ,rear , ranger arms,etc. i really want to see bag pics front and rear. hows it ride?
cool though

Camber looks pretty decent to me. Looks like it worked.

ok why didn't you use the ranger ball joints that came with the control arms. are they not the same as the explorer ones?

if you go back and read everything you will find your answers......i used moog balljoints in the arms....they are ranger replacements but the width of the ranger joints are smaller in diameter....i did use them i just had to modify them a tad for them to fit snug and tight like the explorer joints........what do you need bag picts for? i mean i can get them for you but itll be a pain just taking the wheels back off and putting them back on just for a pict....if you need i will but.....i raised the upper arm up 2" with a 2x4 square tubing 3/16 thick and used the 2000 ranger xlt 3.0liter v6 upper arms and i used moog lower joints for an explorer 2wd and pressed them in facing upward on top of the arm...drill the spindle out in a taper form so the lower joint will fit into the spindle from the bottom....bought a tie rod bushing from easy street they sell for the 00 rangers tie rod....drill the spindle tie rod hole out big enough for the bushing to fit in from the bottom...flip the tie rod and insert the tie rod into the bushing which is pressed into the spindle from the bottom.....so now you have your lower balljoint and tie rod joint facing upside down, going into the spindle from the bottom side............you must run 18's or larger for proper fitment or you will be stuck without a ride until you change it back or buy bigger wheels.....if you need more detail then let me know i can tell you anything you need to know............also thanks for the compliments or whatever.........

another comment the camber is with the factory adjusters....i havent bought any aftermarket adjusters at all yet....im having a hard time finding ones worth buying that are at a decent degree.......the ranger ones are the same from what i can see so im thinking about just ordering a set of the bolts and cams for a 98+ ranger and installing them on the explorer.......any thoughts?.....

thanks folks for posting the picts and james for posting the picts and bein a good sport

Ah so you flipped the spindle, that is how the Ranger arms work so well.

No, flipping the spindle dont have anything really to do with the upper arms working. Flipping the spindle uses the lower arm and spindle, not the upper arm. The upper arm bolts the same way up as it would before the spindle flip. The upper arms regardless are going to give you more movement and correct the angle more than the factory arms will. Flipping the spindle will actually make things worse if you dont complete everything else. So therefore i would say it would make it worse than not doing it.......unless you finish it correctly....like i have done. Think of the angle your ball joint is at now; now angle your balljoint 2" higher, that is what the spindle flip will leave you sitting if not all of the project is complete. Hart you have the knowledge to know alot.....but you are missing all the holes in the middle to have the complete knowledge....just ask dont assume......i dont mind helping anyone....

no,no,no dont put urself out by taking the wheels off just for my dumbass. i just wanted to see the over the axle bag system/monoleaf in the back. couldn't you just raise it up and take some pics of the rear? i dont want u to take it apart just for sum pics. i just am wondering about the over the axle bag mount without mounting the upper bag bracket to a step notch. i guess u welded it to the frame or made an upper bag bar across the frame rails?

I now understand why they worked for you (and not for me). Thanks for explaining. :)

James, why is that? Just wondering bc it should have worked for you too.

Lo xploder, i got my upper bag bracket on the notch in the rear. But you can just put it on 2 cross bars running from the top of the notch to both sides. Of course the lower mount is actually on the axle. Ill try and get you some picts though......of the rear and/or front if you like, i dont mind helping out.......but itll be tomorrow bc when i get home it will already be dark.

i raised the upper arm up 2" with a 2x4 square tubing 3/16 thick and used the 2000 ranger xlt 3.0liter v6 upper arms and i used moog lower joints for an explorer 2wd and pressed them in facing upward on top of the arm...drill the spindle out in a taper form so the lower joint will fit into the spindle from the bottom....bought a tie rod bushing from easy street they sell for the 00 rangers tie rod....drill the spindle tie rod hole out big enough for the bushing to fit in from the bottom...flip the tie rod and insert the tie rod into the bushing which is pressed into the spindle from the bottom.....so now you have your lower balljoint and tie rod joint facing upside down, going into the spindle from the bottom side..........
Thats why. All i did was bolt them on. I didnt raise the mounts or anything else.

How much lift do you get?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good lift close to factory......but yeah i realize you just bolted them up, it still should have help the camber and fix a little bit of the joint angle is all im saying......raising it up will not change anything but correct the joint angle more...thats all!!!

Back