camp stove issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

camp stove issues

I am still old school in the fact that I do most of my camp cooking on a coleman green propane 2 burner stove. The last couple times I used it, however, I noticed that it only burned on one setting... hellfire. I tried a new regulator and am having the same issue. Has anyone else dealt with this and know where I should start poking around to fix it? I hate to buy another as it has been a good stove.

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sometimes spiders make webs in the manifold tubes, maybe try to blow them out with compressed air?

Is the flame red, or just larger than it needs to be? Is it propane or multi fuel?

Sorry, missed where you said you already did that.

There isn't much to these things, so your burners or your manifolds are next to check.

Or just buy a new or a known working used one. They are cheap these days.

A mountain series camp chef is a decent unit, with twice the btu, good flame control, and comes with a high altitude regulator for less than a hundo.

So the burners only work off and the full throttle? I think you have a clogged line or something interfering with the flow of propane.

I still use the same stove. They work great at any altitude. Kind of hard to see, but its on my fold-down table on the back side of my spare tire mount.
20191212_134237.jpg

Back