cant get my intake manifold off

YBCold

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ×∟┬
im doin a cylinder head fix and i got the mounting bolts off but the manifold seems pretty well glued on there. i sprayed some PB blaster around the gasket and hopefully that will get it.

i cant get a good grip right now. and before i break myself or my manifold i thought id ask how i can get it loose?

BTW its the upper intake manifold on the first gen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're sure all of the bolts are off, you can tap it with a rubber mallet.

The first time i had the intake off our 92 I used a pry bar under the intake a pried againt the timing chain cover. I didnt use a steady push.. I kinda hit the prybar to try to pop it. Free.

~Mark

Whoops, i just noticed you said upper intake. That one will come off somewhat easy. Just tripple check you got all the nuts off and then whack it with a rubber mallet sideways..

~Mark

yeah i think i got the coil back braket so far. i think there still one more big bolt further underneath i counted 6 mounting bolts on the intake ill get a rubber mallet and do the do.

when I had my 91, I had to replace the upper intake gasket. There were only six bolts that attached it to the lower intake. As I remember I had to use some friendly persuasion with a rubber mallet. Ford used some type of adhesive on the gasket and it took awhile to scrape it all off.

Back