Can't pull KOER codes???

Spartan

Reaction score
City, State
Sun Prairie WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT, 5.0 2WD
Just as a precaution, i went to pull codes yesterday using this scanner:

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/tradervar/items/Equus_3120_CAN_OBD_1__amp__2_Code_Tool_Innova_OBD_II

I've used this for both older and newer ford cars in the past. No problems.

KOEO = 111 System Pass

KOER = I get past the part where it tells you to mat the accelerator pedal, and it says *please wait: code retrieval in progress* and it just sits there. I've used other scanners (more expensive/complicated and cheap light ones) and it seems to not want to pull KOER codes. i've disconnected the battery to clear the codes, but no change.

I don't have a CEL at all, but I wanted to see if there was anything I'd have to worry about.

I know the truck needs a tune-up, and it has cold start up problems, and is currently getting ****ty gas mileage.....so i wnated to see if anything was amiss. The CEL DOES function, and is not burned out, but it most definitely doesn't flash at all when trying to pull KOER codes.

Any ideas??

Have you ever tried just a paper clip and counting the flashes of the CEL? My own experience is that it doesn't take very long after the "goose" pulse for the codes to be output. The only other thing I can think of is that you might somehow be "breaking" the STI-SIG RET connection when you goose the throttle.

Hmmm.. but I would think that would cause a problem with drivability, which besides being a small bit down on power (tune up parts more than likely) I do not have.

I'll try just the paperclip tomorow and see if it works.

Back