Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks. | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

it should be a easy answer for the ones that have had it fixed. They list the parts right on the service ticket.
You would probably be better off sending one of those members a Private Message rather than waiting and hoping for a reply. Perhaps they are no longer active on the Forum.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I fixed mine with inserting 2 proper diameter steel rods from Home Depot thru the channels in the seat back on the outer edges as I mentioned earlier, its stronger than factory. I also made a plywood deck that covers the rear seat backs up to the second row and cut up a large mat to fit on top.
Warranty affects the deal negatively, If they refuse talk to the manager of the service department, if they refuse talk to ford customer relations directly.

Would you be able to share pictures of the fix you did? its hard to imagine what exactly you did.

Here's the picture
damaged.jpg
The exact thing happened to mine just on both sides, it's a really bad spot

The exact thing happened to mine just on both sides, it's a really bad spot
Gosh thats horrible. Has anyone had this happen even with a floor liner? I have a Husky hoping to prevent this.

Gosh thats horrible. Has anyone had this happen even with a floor liner? I have a Husky hoping to prevent this.
I doubt any liner would be rigid enough to prevent this possible damage.

Peter

Does anyone know the part number for this piece? Dealership has no clue and is trying to say its part of the seat which costs $650.

I just replaced the one on the driver's side. The P/N is DE9Z-7460513-ED. It cost me $239.95

If you need the passenger side, I would hope that with this part number they could figure it out.

I just replaced the one on the driver's side. The P/N is DE9Z-7460513-ED. It cost me $239.95

If you need the passenger side, I would hope that with this part number they could figure it out.
Thanks for the reply but I don't think the part number for a 1999 Eddie Bauer would be the same as for a 2013 XLT.

Peter

Thanks for the reply but I don't think the part number for a 1999 Eddie Bauer would be the same as for a 2013 XLT.

Peter
That P/N is for a 2013 Limited. (I haven't updated my profile)

My 3rd row back is broken. I was wondering if anybody know the part number and/or where I can order it from. the dealership was to charge me $300.00 and I can do this myself.

My 3rd row back is broken. I was wondering if anybody know the part number and/or where I can order it from. the dealership was to charge me $300.00 and I can do this myself.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread has been merged with this one found using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature (upper right). See post 186 for a possible part number.
Also please add the trim level (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it shows in the margin.
Thanks and Good luck.

Peter

:cool2:I cut a 1/4" thick piece of ply wood, wrapped it in plastic, taped it and put on top of my seat backs. No problems.

Can you provide instructions on how to replace the undercover? It would be appreciated.

Joining the cracked club. Mine is on the passenger side. I have a call into the dealer and hope they fill fix it under warranty like they have for others. Is Tricia or Deysha still the current Ford reps on this thread? Thanks.

Joining the cracked club. Mine is on the passenger side. I have a call into the dealer and hope they fill fix it under warranty like they have for others. Is Tricia or Deysha still the current Ford reps on this thread? Thanks.
Being that you have a 2013 Explorer, you are out of warranty so don't count on a warranty fix. There are no longer any Ford reps on this forum or any other Ford forum.
They were pulled on January 31st. No reason given and no responses to PM's or text messages. The following is the info they had on their posts.
p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford

Peter

So I have a question. My wife drives a 2016 explorer limited that comes with the power fold down third row seat. Well one of the chairs got stuck going into the stow position. So my genius self decided to pull and help the chair stow. Well this broke the panel that covers the chairs when the chairs are stowed and everything is flat. This is the aggravating part. I called a couple dealerships and they dont want to give out a part number, they give out quote numbers.... So i cant order the part online. Does anyone know the part number? I am looking for the passenger side panel that lays flat over the chair when its stowed in beige color. Thanks.

So I have a question. My wife drives a 2016 explorer limited that comes with the power fold down third row seat. Well one of the chairs got stuck going into the stow position. So my genius self decided to pull and help the chair stow. Well this broke the panel that covers the chairs when the chairs are stowed and everything is flat. This is the aggravating part. I called a couple dealerships and they dont want to give out a part number, they give out quote numbers.... So i cant order the part online. Does anyone know the part number? I am looking for the passenger side panel that lays flat over the chair when its stowed in beige color. Thanks.
I have moved your thread to this one found with the Forum's 'Search' feature.
Some of the posts above show a part number but that isn't for a 2016. Check out this; AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake | Parts & Accessories

Also, please complete your registration by adding the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Limited) to your profile so it appears in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. Thank you.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the same problem. I fixed it using tie wraps and a drill. The only minor drawback is that small lenght of tie wraps are visible when seats are folded flat.

Back