Catback Question

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
Hey, I've got a Flowmaster Series 2 Exhaust System, and just have a couple questions. I went looking at it today and feel a little air coming from the outlet part of the muffler, and on the next connection point ahead of that, it's dripping water. This is not welded so maybe that's why the little bit of air. The clamps are very tight. Can either of these be a problem?

go get it welded, they probably wont charge too much.... also water is normal... if it is pouring, you have a problem... but light drips especially if the truck is running in cold weather is just condensation of the hot exhuast gases hitting a cold exhuast systems pipes.....

As long as it is downstream from the muffler, it is normal and acceptable. If it is before the muffler, get it welded.

I'm sure your water drips are normal. I also say get the joints welded.
When I put my Gibson exhaust on last month it dripped too. I took it to my local exhaust shop, gave the guy $10 and he welded it all tight. It only takes about 5 minutes and is worth it. You can clamp all you want but it is hard to get a totally gapless seal on the joints.
Ken

Back