Cell Phone Mount | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cell Phone Mount

So does this fit with the Sony Premium Audio and the base audio? Would like to use this in my Limited.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For my 2017 Platinum, I ended up using the cheapest vent-clamp holder ($10). I lost interest in trying to find a tidier cable solution and just put up with the lightning cable hanging off the bottom of the iPhone. Now that I have a 2020, I've had to upgrade my iPhone from a 7 Plus to an 11 Pro Max so I can take advantage of the wireless charging cradle (I hope it fits). The only app I used on the iPhone that I wanted to see, hence the need for a dash mount, was Waze and from what I can tell, I can download a Sync app for that but I suspect I'll still have to have the iPhone plugged in to support the Sync version of Waze. Oh well. I can just stuff the iPhone in the center console (in front of the cup holders) upside down and hopefully be able to see Waze on the big screen. I've only had the truck for a week but it's been in the shop for the last few days to install front row side-window tinting, a Thinkware dashcam (which they removed from my 2017... hope they install the rear camera so it's not upside down) and fixing the front camera which just shows up as blue on the main screen. So I haven't been able to play around with the Waze app for Sync yet.

Sports mode is just three clicks on the wheel and one day, I'll figure out why the rear hatch wants to close on me while I'm loading and unloading groceries!

.............................................Sports mode is just three clicks on the wheel and one day, I'll figure out why the rear hatch wants to close on me while I'm loading and unloading groceries!
You are inadvertently triggering the foot activated sensor.

Peter

That's what I thought. I was wearing a long coat given how cold it's been and suspect the coat was dangling down around the sensor. I also suspect they've moved the sensor since I don't recall this happening on my 2017 Exp Platinum. Unless it has something to do with the lack of a face-plate to cover the tow hitch business when not in use. My cover was always on except for when I used the Thule bike rack or actually towed something (that happened about 3-4 times).

Anyway. It's really annoying. But I like to be able to kick under the tow hitch mechanism to open the rear hatch.

I had it happen to me yesterday when I was shaking out the cargo liner after having brought one of the dogs back from the vet. I didn't think I had gone under the bumper while doing it. Good thing I heard the warning chimes.

Peter

Possible design flaw... they've moved the sensor?

I believe the sensors are where they were before. With no hitch it is under the center of the bumper. With a hitch, the sensors are under the bumper to both the left and right of the hitch.

Peter

Back