• Register Today It's free!

Check Engine Light Blinks

kellyandtopher

Reaction score
City, State
Boise, Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Ok, my check engine light is blinking on and off, all gauges are good on dash, ever since I checked my AC (myself) the darn light is blinking. I will be taking it in to get a tune up, is there anything I need to request when I have some shop check my engine and charge me an arm and leg to tell me that I need to vacuum. :rolleyes: Allright well I will await a response. Thank You. Kelly

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Read the trouble code that is causing the CEL to illuminate and then post it here. Someone here can help you.

Good luck.....

???????

When I take it in to get my tune up do I just need to tell who ever to tell me the code so that I can get ya'll's help.
Kelly

Get the codes before you have them work on your truck.

On a '94, all you need is a short piece of wire or a paper clip. There's a good description of the KOEO test using the CEL as output device at www.fordfuelinjection.com

Either that or buy a code reader (not expensive).
DON'T let the 'shop' tell you to replace lot$ of expensive sensors first off.
They tried that with me, but help from people on this site showed my the truth. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ok

Well got me an appointment tomorrow morning for them to do a scan which is gonna cost me $35 (is that too much?) oh well I will then see what they tell me then I'll be back.

hold the phone just a sec i know on the obd2 sys a blinking cel means that the computer has found an intermitant miss do you have obd2 or eec 4 ? this is the question and if so do your self a favor and check your plugs and wires FIRST

Dont Understand

I dont understand what that means, obd2 or eec4. I am very female and dont know much about my engine but if I can get an idea I can take it to either my husband or my friend. My husband though doesnt know how to work on my truck cause it has a brain. If I can get some auto lingo down I wont sound so stupid when I take it in to get it looked at.

Kelly :confused:

If it's a '94 like the sig suggests then it's obd1. I'm guessing the problem will be egr valve or the DPFE sensor(EGR pressure feedback sensor) You can usually get the codes scanned for free from a place like autozone or similar places. Post what codes you get here first before purchasing any parts from autozone.

Ok crap...

I got the scan done and they can back with telling me that it is the mass air flow sensor, i think that one of you said that in one or ya'lls thread.. oh well went ahead and got it fixed.. i probably shouldnt have through them but i dont know how to do anything with my truck, and neither does my husband, so non the less i spent over 200 on getting it scanned and fixed.. da#*it i wish i knew someone who could just fix for some beer and sandwitches. oh well had to get it fixed.

Thanks for ya'lls help
Kelly :bounce:

Back