Check Engine LightSpeedo Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check Engine LightSpeedo Not Working

masterpete

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer XLS
Well I replaced the rear abs sensor about 2 weeks ago. A couple of days ago my speedometer stopped working and shortly after that my check engine light came on. It said speed sensor malfunction. Its a 99 explorer xls with 4x4 and I read on here that the speed sensor is part of the rear abs sensor. Its new so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Pete

Anyone? I took it to a garage and he had no clue what was wrong. This is my dads truck and he has been a ford guy since before I was born. After he got this truck he says he prolly wont buy a ford again. If it doesnt get fixed I wouldnt be surprised if he makes me put the truck up for sale.

you might want to post all / any codes that actually came out. check you harness / wiring going to the sensor.

you might want to post all / any codes that actually came out. check you harness / wiring going to the sensor.

It says speed sensor malfunction thats all. I dont know the codes for the 4x4 lights b/c everyplace i take it to wont give it to me yet wont fix the problem. I checked the harness and wiring going to the sensor. Everything seems fine.

Back