Choosing a head unit | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Choosing a head unit

So if you were to put two units in there it would be separated by this little thin plastic bar in between them....Cut that out and put the double din in place? I am not confused. I am just being certain before I get to cutting. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Exactly...you'll cut out the middle plastic divider as it's only needed if you're installing two single DIN sized HUs.

What are some options for a single HU flip out monitor that comes with nav?
I plan on getting a new pioneer HU for just the simple audio functions but later I'd like to add a monitor like that. I'd mount the actual DVD player in the glove compartment later.
So basically: Single HU to be placed over my pioneer HU, with flip out touchscreen, built in nav capabilities, and the ability to be hooked up to a dvd player later. Options?

Well if it has navigation....it will play dvd's. Soo no need to buy a seperate dvd player.

Well these are some brands that make them. Pioneer, Clarion, Kenwood, if you buy the Alpine, you have to buy a seperate device to hook up navigation. You can buy the Pioneer avic n3 for around 1,200.

Did you find some stuff you were looking for? I bet the price scared you away a little huh?

Everyone, it turns out that there is actually only a little trimming in the 2001 sports a little on the right and left of the head unit when installing a double din Pioneer Avic Z-1. Thank you for all the help with the choosing of a unit and installing it. It is a successful install. Thanks.

:ttiwwp: :p:

soon...soon young grasshopper. Wednesday night I will post pics.

:)

pioneer_avic_z-1.jpg

z-1.jpg

z1_flipdown.jpg

Very nice lookin.

Congrats on finally installing that new HU.

Very nice job!

Now all we need are some sound clips to go with the pics :)

Sound clips cannot happen until I return to Alabama in Oct. this year. I am currently in Okinawa.

Back