• Register Today It's free!

Cobb Tuning

twinturbo

Reaction score
City, State
Northern VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Had a conversation with Ian and Adam from Cobb about potentially tuning our Sports. They said they just starting up conversations about getting into 3.5L Ecoboost. They currenty tune the focus ST.

I had Cobb tune my BMW, and I can say nothing but great things about them and the tune. I cant wait until they get something out to us.

Any other big name tuners thinking about supporting the ecoboost?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ask them if they are going to set up a tune for the non-EcoBoost 3.5L please

That would be very interesting... I was running Cobb stage 2+ in my 335 before getting the Explorer Sport.

I was actually hoping for more out of the Livernois tune.

That would be very interesting... I was running Cobb stage 2+ in my 335 before getting the Explorer Sport.

I was actually hoping for more out of the Livernois tune.

You have the tune now?

I don't... I'm just basing it off of their initial dyno run. With the Cobb on the 335 it was a night and day difference when tuned.

If you look at the curve that the Livernois tune gives you, you would most definitely feel that power on the XSPORTs. People tend to be concerned with peak power, however, if you look at where Livernois made their power, it's all usable power in the place where the XSPORT needs it the most.

I'd be interested in seeing what Cobb can do.

If you look at the curve that the Livernois tune gives you, you would most definitely feel that power on the XSPORTs. People tend to be concerned with peak power, however, if you look at where Livernois made their power, it's all usable power in the place where the XSPORT needs it the most.

I'd be interested in seeing what Cobb can do.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I'm driving in sand mode during the city drives. I feel the power is mostly there already in sand mode, Just the way they distribute it to the rear wheels makes such a big difference.

If they could even work on getting the tranny to work through all gears in sand mode, I'd be happy.

I put some 93 in mine the other day and it seems to feel much stronger.

Sand mode doesn't use all the gears? I haven't played much with it.

I put some 93 in mine the other day and it seems to feel much stronger.

Sand mode doesn't use all the gears? I haven't played much with it.

nope..... she ***** out in 4th. Ford owes me a sport mode. I want to slap the person who suggested to not have a sport mode

Torrie @ unleashed tuning does some great work with the 3.5l and 2.0l ecoboost!

I will be looking for tuning in May. It would be nice to have some options for the XSport. I believe Livernois is currently the only game in town.

Back