• Register Today It's free!

coil springs

meterman1976

Reaction score
City, State
spokane, washinton
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
ok so im going to try and put the f150 spacers on my 94 xlt.. but im thinking i would be better off getting new coil springs, and i was wondering what is the best type out there..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...New coil springs will settle about 1" to 1-1/2" within a year or so...This may be why the F150 coil seats are so popular, even with the highly modified crowd...:dunno:

ya i thought about that... but to me my coil springs that are on there now are so close togther, seems like they would just about be touching with the spacer there.. ill try to get some pics and post them later.

...It all depends on what your future plans are..:dunno:

..Superlift has some good springs for the 5.5" lift on the Explorers, that last pretty well and can easily be found new...Some people have other springs while some say theirs are to firm, to soft, but they all do settle..:(

...Your current springs would look and act exactly like they do now with the addition of the F150 coil seats...You will loose about 1 1/2" of up travel but you will gain your height back...Just my opinion but, you already lost the up travel when your springs settled...;)

got a 1/2" lift with the sagging stock coils from the F150 coil seats, instead I went with Skyjacker 2" lift coils. This got me to stock height plus 2". Gonna all depend on future plans, lookin' at adding the weight of winch - bull bar. Sure they gonna sag :( but I'd rather add the seats to get my lift back outta these springs.

Back