CALDWELL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia Airport, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 V6 Silver XLT
Hey fella's !

Im looking into getting some component speakers for my 3rd gen, and I just want to comfirm the size I need. Im pretty sure 6.5'' components will fit...

found a gret deal i think ( not looking for top notch competition components, just looking for a little better then what I have now )

thinking about these...

Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System

will these fit correctly ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ended up buying components for the front, and rear doors...

they will be powered by my Kenwood Excelon XR-4S Amp...

Nice! Any pics? We don't have a Hifonics dealer around here.

almost positive that you need 5x7 for the front atleast.

5x7 is the stock size for all 4 doors, but 6.5s will fit fine. Many come with an adapter plate, or you can make your own. If you can't mount yours coaxially, you may need to get creative with the tweeter placement. I have 6.5" components in front and back, and I actually cut holes and mounted the tweets in the door panel.

6 and 1/2's will fit.

pdr0190kg1.jpg

By null at 2008-03-15

Yep 6.5s work great. I just cut out a wood baffle to mount the 6.5s in & bolt it where the 5x7s were. I'm installing a set of MB Quart 3 way components in my F250 right now. I put the tweeters in the sail panel at the top of the door. I put the 6.5s in the factory openings. I'm building pods for the 4 inch mids.

ive used thoes speakers before and they dont need that much power to get them loud. i made my own adapters to fit the 6 1/2s the ones that say 5 1/4-6 1/2 dont work with all 6 1/2s

Back