Cooled seats: how to tell if a Limited has them? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cooled seats: how to tell if a Limited has them?

Hawk312

Reaction score
City, State
York, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
As I mentioned in my other thread, I am looking at a 2014 Explorer that is a Limited. Is there a visible way to distinguish if one of these has them? Did all of them come with this since they all have heated seats?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It would be on the window sticker plus the MFT screen would display the heat and cooling icons for the seat on the lower right quandrant.

I do not know if they all have them or not but that is the way to tell for sure.

Only with the luxury seating package. Easiest way to know is to look at the 3rd row seat-backs. Power folding 3rd row means cooled seats. No power ford=no cooled seats. In pictures if you can see the power buttons on the left inside the back hatch or look at the strap on the seat-backs. If it's a long strap they are not powerfold so no cooling. If you just see a 3" - 4" loop on the seat-back, they are powerfold.

You can also use the VIN to find the window sticker. It will indicate the lux seating or the option group that has lux seating.

Not sure if this is accurate... I think the luxury seating package means that both the diver and passenger seats are fully power adjustable. In the pics if the passenger seat is not fully power adjustable then I don't think there would be cooled seats. Also, I think if there is cooled seats, there is a power lumbar support button on the drivers seat. The most obvious thing would be to see if the seats are perforated [have little holes in them]. I'm not 100% certain about what I said considering I am going off owning a limited with luxury seating and having rented a limited w/o it in the past.

I am 100% certain, otherwise I wouldn't post it. I searched hundreds of them and every one met the standards I posted. Also, this is directly from the 2014 Explorer brochure: +Luxury Seating Package includes PowerFold® 3rd-row seat, perforated leather-trimmed seats, heated and cooled driver and front-passenger seats, and 10-way power front-passenger seat with power lumbar.

This

It would be on the window sticker plus the MFT screen would display the heat and cooling icons for the seat on the lower right quandrant.

I do not know if they all have them or not but that is the way to tell for sure.

As I mentioned in my other thread, I am looking at a 2014 Explorer that is a Limited. Is there a visible way to distinguish if one of these has them? Did all of them come with this since they all have heated seats?

If you are able to power on the MFT, in the lower right quadrant of the screen, you should see icons for heated seats, cooled seats and steering wheel warmer. That's the best way to tell.

In addition, I am inclined to agree with another poster that said that if the car has power folding seats, it should also have cooled seats as those would come together in a package.

The window sticker does not mention cooled seats - at least mine didn't.

From what I can find out, the Limited comes with heated seats standard. Cooled seats come with the 301A package which [MENTION=155110]DeeP[/MENTION]BlusSC described above. On the MyFordTouch home screen, the heated & cooled seat icons w/heated steering wheel (5 icons in total) are part of the 302A package which I have. I would think that MOST Limited's have at least the 301A package, although there may have been some Limited's built without the 301A package.

Back