Core support Question

colindo94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Cameron Park, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XLT
I have searched around a bit for this, but it's kind of a wierd question so I'll give up and ask. Sorry guys, but maybe it will help someone else. Is the core support on first gen explorers the same as 91-92 rangers with the same front end as our 91-94 explorers? I'm doing some front clip swaps and need a little info so I have some kind of an idea of where to start. I know that the front fenders of early 90's explorers and rangers are a bbit different, but is that all thats different? Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to my LMC truck parts guide, they are the same. Both the 89-92
Ranger and the 91-94 Explorer call out the 50-9902-T radiator support panel. It's also the same as the 89-90 Bronco II.

Edit..dang..didn't type fast enough :)

haha, i actually have experience with this one, they will interchange, but they attach in different spots. you will have to weld up some old spot welds and make some new ones, but it works! my 91ex's core support got swapped to my 91 ranger project.
i guess you know but the ex fenders dont fit rangers, but b2 fenders do.

So ranger and bronco two fenders will all be the same? Thanks for the replys guys. it helps a lot.

Is it better to swap the whole core support from the firewall up to the grill or can I just drill out the spot welds on the piece behind the grill and headlights and line that up on the 84 ranger core support and weld it up. (I'm not sure what that piece behind the headlights and grill is called but the thread below shows a picture.)
I found this thread and this is what it looks like he does.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166547&highlight=core+support&page=3

i guess you could just use the peice you are referring to, i had to use it all because it was all missing in action.

Back