• Register Today It's free!

Correct spark plugs for '94

sonik

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Manual and underhood sticker say Motorcraft AWSF-42-PP double platinum plugs, so I order 6 at fordpartsnetwork.com. Today 6 AGSF-42-FM (single platinum) arrive with a note on the invoice saying these replace the former plugs. Motorcraft.com says the AGSF are the standard service plug while the AWSF are the alternative platinum plug. I pulled one of the driver's side plugs out and it's an AGSF.

Should I return these and try to get the double plats?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can use them, or get double platinum if you want. Autozone carries Motorcraft Double Platinum plugs for $4/each.

Is there any advantage to using Double Platinums over the Single Platinums?

Double Platinum lasts longer. They claim doubles are good for 100K miles, singles are 50K.

But that's the only advantage (?). I'm running singles, just put them in 5,000 mi ago. I'd switch to doubles if there were any advantage to it. I've just always believed in a single electrode plug. I assume both AWSF and AGSF are the same heat range?

Same heat range. The only difference is durability.

I got the Bosch Plat IV's and I really like them. Seem to have a little more power.

Well, they won't let me return them even though the the doubles are still listed on the site. So I guess I'm stuck with the singles even if I wanted the doubles.

Why can't you return them? If you ordered them under the impression they were double platinums, but they sent you single platinums, that does not seem right.

When I asked they said no and that AWSF-42-PP has been superceded by AGSF-42-FM. Motorcraft.com says the FM are the Standard Service Plug while the PP's are the Alternative Platinum Plug.

I'd be curious to see if the FM plugs cost less than the PP plugs. These cost me $4.25/each.

Ha! You can get the double platinum plugs at Autozone for $3.99 each.

Back