Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My mechanic and a person at local ford dealership says it is “ notorious “ for the 3.5 l set up . MANY complaints online, along with steering failure issues..I’m done with ford!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Haven't seen many posts on either lately, especially the corroded terminal which is an easy item to address/clean. I think the steering failure was more on the pre-2016 Explorers. I don't believe any of the 6th gen Explorers have had any steering failures. Have you experienced both?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Haven't seen many posts on either lately, especially the corroded terminal which is an easy item to address/clean. I think the steering failure was more on the pre-2016 Explorers. I don't believe any of the 6th gen Explorers have had any steering failures. Have you experienced both?

Peter
Yes the dealer mechanic says he can hardly get parts he has seen so many, local mechanics same problem “ just can’t find the parts”. 2016. Many YouTube comments on how common it is . Lawyer group is inquiring about class action . I bought the terminal connector and fixed it $700 job at dealer for $14 part. Gez now one of my horns is kaput! Ford sucks!

Back