• Register Today It's free!

could I run 35's? should I?

xplrsport01

Reaction score
City, State
Chantilly, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
hey guys well last night I was talkin to the wife bout gettin new tires i saw a pic of an x on here running 35's with a 3inch bl and 2 inch tt shackles i said it be nice to have 35's i was planning on 33's but she said i should get 35's now if that what i want instead of next time i need tires and i looked at gears found that 4.56's are the same price as the 4.10's i figured what the hell. could i run 35's would I be hurting anything in the long run? ie: hubs cv shafts diff's. the only thing i could think of is that I would have little to no room for flex. thanx for the input

how bout 34's? 33's seem small to me now

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4:56 is ok...4:88 is better...the front end dosent flex anyway, so your not loosing much there....yes its going to stress the drivetrain parts more, as its more weight and gerth for them to move and support, but if you treat it nice, it should treat you nice too.....go for it!

4:56 is ok...4:88 is better...the front end dosent flex anyway, so your not loosing much there....yes its going to stress the drivetrain parts more, as its more weight and gerth for them to move and support, but if you treat it nice, it should treat you nice too.....go for it!
Agreed. :thumbsup:

I would say go for it, you will need to trim a bit but still i would say go for it it is another inch of ground clearance and you never know when that extra inch will pay off in the end.

Damn, I wish I could fit 35's. I've got a 3" bl tt, and shackles, and I rub with 32's. I'm eventually going to put the aal's on that have been sitting in the garage for a while and that may help, but the front rubs pretty bad with just 32's. I would trim the fenders, however I'm a little nervous about it, because I don't want to make it too ugly. anyone have any wonderful body trimming tricks?

p.s.-I'm not trying to hi-jack your thread:D

ya at least i hope i can fit them don't know anyone who has ne that i could test fit but like i said i saw a pic of a two door with 3 inch bl and 2 inch tt shackle but it was older x

O i remember now who it is its doug but ya his is a 97 it looks good though

Go 35s...I just got my 33s a few weeks ago and i wish i would have gotten 35s instead i doubt you will regret it

do you wheel a lot? I find that I can stuff my 32's with both sway bars on all the way til the tires rub, with no problem. sometimes just driving around town i'll rub. i think 35's would rip my fender off. lol. if you find those pics, post a link. I'm gonna need new tires in a few months, so if it looks good, and is still functional and I can fit them I'll go with 35's.

you're the man! now I need to work some overtime so I can get 35's and some new gears...after a new tranny:mad: thanks for the links. if you need any help with the bl or anything let me know.

If you drive it everyday and it's not your trail truck I'd say get 33s

I'm running 33in bfg mudders and my front end is hurting from it. always killing ball joints, pretty sure my tie rods are shot, and my alignment is out of wack.
killed a wheel hub bearing (sucks they are like 250 a piece) and the other one is gonna be going probably pretty soon
but I beat on it pretty good, but I do regular maintence.. just pisses me off when I do an alignment and ball joints and less then an oil change (3000miles) later I need to do them again.
gearing it down will definitely help power wise.

oh yeah I wheeled with the guy in the picture who has the white explorer on 35s his name on here is Namity or something and he was always fixing stuff on it. not to mention chopped his fenders like crazy to fit them.

so pretty much what I'm saying is the front ends of our trucks don't like 35s and your gonna break things. but if you like fixin stuff go ahead, have at it

I wish I had your wife.

I need new tires period and I get "didn't you just get new tires".

I said "Yes two years ago":rolleyes:

LOL..

Yea, thats Dougs truck posted above. Gerald runs 35's as well and there are a few others that did before their SAS

101hercatgatekeeper.jpg

attachment.jpg

yeah, I'm gonna have to fire up the sawzall, then throw on some 35's now.:D
any tips on chopping up fenders so they look good?

Back