Cup holder drain?

Ptfd13

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Limited
2020 XLT
So wife picked up dinner on her way home and only when she got home did she realize the full drink they gave her was now empty. Cup had a hole in the bottom that drained the entire thing. Ford service is closed for the night. Any guidance on what I can do to help elevate the problem until then?

I have the XLT with no ambient lighting. Already took the side panels of the center console off and have a fan blowing on it.

I can’t find anything online as to where the cup holders drain to and what might be affected. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As far as I know, the cup holder just drains onto the floor. I don't think there is an actual 'drain'. I believe there are antennas under the console for the door locks and remote start. Not completely sure though. There may also be wiring for the console and the controls on it. Was the cupholder completely empty? I've never really checked to see where or how anything would drain from it.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As far as I know, the cup holder just drains onto the floor. I don't think there is an actual 'drain'. I believe there are antennas under the console for the door locks and remote start. Not completely sure though. There may also be wiring for the console and the controls on it. Was the cupholder completely empty? I've never really checked to see where or how anything would drain from it.

Peter
The cup holder had a small amount left in the bottom of it. The cup holder appears to have a ring near the bottom, possibly where the ambient light ring goes, and I believe that’s where it left the cup holder.

The cup holder had a small amount left in the bottom of it. The cup holder appears to have a ring near the bottom, possibly where the ambient light ring goes, and I believe that’s where it left the cup holder.
Thanks for the reply. I believe later models have that ring at the top. Good luck.

Peter

Back