Custom job for 95+

LLSTRIKES96

Reaction score
City, State
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Hey All,
I've been looking lately about getting more height out of my 96 and I've come to the realization that the rear is no problem with the rear(Shackles, add-a-leaf, blocks...) But it looks like the only option for the front is the TT. Anyone have any experience with a custom job? I've done a search and found people with them just no info on specifics. Basically I want to get enough to clear some 32's maybe 33's w/o a body lift. What do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Come on guys! Nobody has any answers! Actually I totally understand, I guess that's why I'm having so much trouble with it. Nobody knows, how about a two dollar reward! Ha ha ha.

Hi,
If 32's are fine I'd do the shackle and TT and a little triming.
If you don't want a body lift, but want 33's, Trailmaster makes a 4" lift for your Ex with a little modifying. also Superlift makes a 4" lift for 98+ rangers that would raise the front of your truck, and then the rear would be custom.

So what about that $2 reward? :)

I had my '97 lifted with the '98 Ranger Trailmaster kit. You can also use the Superlift kit (more advisable) Ofcourse, the torsion bar mounts is what would be custom for us pre '98 IFS Explorers, so the shop took care of that.

Do a search for 5.5" under user name felsmann and you'll find my post with all the info.

Good luck!

Hey Juan!

Juan-
When are you going to get out to AZ? Thought I'd see you at Cinders, or Truckhaven.
Rick

Hey Rick! This year I have not been out there wheeling, but the one time @ THaven for the TDS event. I have had some seious clutch problems, which I have finally fixed last week. Next apparently are my wheel bearings.

Hopefully I will tune everything up at one point and head back again.

Ive been told time and time again togo with the superlift ranger kit because it doesnt increase your turning radius and has stronger steering knuckles. trailmaster kits wont fit AWD

http://www.trailmastersuspension.com/press_releases/20000701a.html

Also question for Juan. With your SOA 5.5" lift in the rear did you need extended brake lines on your sport or will the stock ones work ok? I wonder will superlift or procomp extended lines for a 91-94 fit a 98 to 00 sport?

thanks

you don't really need them [brake lines], but you could use them.
I don't have them extended.

The rear is no longer 5.5" I lowered it almost 1.5" by taking out all but one of the leaf packers.

Good luck!

ok Cool. it looks like you could just mod or bend the bracket down to get more out of the stock lines. I know what your talking about now with the leaf packers. However, I just got rid of my monos on my sport and put in Ray L's leaf pack from a 4dr. Im thinking when I lift it ill take out the overload spring for 4.5 to 5"

Thanks

Troy,
All you have to do is relocate the brackets down a few inches. There is more than enough line to not stretch at full droop. I have 4" lifted springs on the back andby just moving the bracket down I still have slack at full droop, and my rear end will droop more than yours will. HMMMM that sounded sort of strange. Let me rephrase that. The rear axle droop on my Explorer will be more than the rear axle droop on your Explorer, because of the longer springs.

Back