Custom Made 2" Bodylift!!(VENEZUELA) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Made 2" Bodylift!!(VENEZUELA)

oso_polar

Reaction score
City, State
Caracas, Venezuela
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer Sport
Warning!! BIG PICS AHEAD!!
About 6 months ago I fabricated all the parts for a 2" body lift for my X... Two months ago, me and a friend of this board decided to fabricate this kit for sale, because the shipping is twice of the price of PA kit!!
So now is a reality, we're making kits for X's in our country, ANYONE INTERESTED?? just send me and email and I will give you all the specifications... Do you want pics??? here they are!!Dead Link Removed This is Ricky Venezuela's X, 2" body lift, TT, 285/75r16
Dead Link Removed This is my X, 2" body lift, TT, no tires yet, still waiting for 285!!!

Hope you like it... feel fre to ask....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks awesome..... where did you get that bumper/grill gaurd and how much???

Yeah that thing looks awesome. Fill us in a little.

Hey Ricky,
Tell me about your bumper!!!!!!

is that the TJM bumper?

The lift looks awesome. I love the way second-generation 2-door Explorers look with a lift.

And now, the Bandwagon. Both of your bumpers are positively killer! Where'd they come from? Those rock!

Hey, guess you like it, well I like too, but no money, and as you know, no money no rig, just another eXplorer...

My intention was to promote the kit, but, well I will post some more pics of his explorer, I have more on my page...I have to say that a month ago, he was almost stock, with a TT and front bumper without grillguard, but now that I lift his X, well, no more little tires partner....Dead Link Removed

A little flex, not a big deal...
Dead Link Removed

For his lift, he used aluminiun blocks...What do you think of it??
Dead Link Removed

And I know a lot of people are going to hate you for having this Ricky...
Dead Link Removed
Made of Fiberglass, he got it last week, not installed yet, is a copy from a safari snorkel that I believe is for a toyota VX, part number SSH-60 or something....

Click on the link below, I have more pics at my site...
Dead Link Removed

Remember WE ARE FABRICATING A CUSTOM MADE 2" BODY LIFT KIT!!!....just to be sure...

More Pics

I just finish Ricky's explorer page on my Site.Dead Link Removed

ummm...But we still would like to know where you got that bumper from??? That thing is awesome to say the least.. Please fill us in on it!

Any chance you guys are selling those snorkels?

Originally posted by Triton46
Any chance you guys are selling those snorkels?

Ditto on what Triton46 said on the Snorkel. I sure could use one myself. Do you think that the person who made Ricky's front bumper could sell those here in the U.S.?

Ok, so I forgot to tell you where he got it... sorry about that.

Well, here you can find 4x4 shops as Trail Ready, bulletproof bumpers, Dead Link Removed, (a few months ago they have a very nice pic of an X with a bumper, now they only have two f150's), anyway, they make custom bumper for some vehicles, they practicaly play a little with their imagination on the making of new bumpers so we can tell them exactly what we want and they can adapt any model to our vehicles, but I'm not pretty sure if they could send it to the US, I guess the shipping will be so f*ing high that you will prefer to get one out there. The prices are around the 200 bucks for the bumper and another 180 for the grill guard, I think they are getting what they deserve...

Maybe I could take some more pics for you and you can copy the model, or redesign another one on autocad, that will have more sense that pay for the shipping.

About the snorkel... I'm doing a research on fiberglass, and how to work with it, when I'm done I will probably will try to make one for me, then could post the process of making it, in the other hand, I could just get my own for 120$ without having to do any research or work on it, But... where is the fun part of it???

Sorry I took so long for answers...

Originally posted by oso_polar
The prices are around the 200 bucks for the bumper and another 180 for the grill guard, I think they are getting what they deserve...

$380.00 for a front bumper like that, especially if you could add a winch to it would be pretty good, even if you had to pay the price of the bumper for shipping, it would still be a good deal.
I looked at that site you gave us and there is a pretty nice front bumper with winch mount for a Explorer. I would like to know how much it would cost and how much to ship it to the U.S. Could you see if this could be done?

Just wanted to bump this back to the top

Hey man any more info on that bumper?? I'm really interested.

Sorry, I've been studying....

Sorry about that, but I'll have a Patology test this Tuesday, and was organizing a party to get funds for my tires...

Ok, lets see, you want me to buy a bumper for you, and send all over to your place in California?? well I can make some research about the shipping, that's the easy part of the plan, but in the other hand, they don't make any bumper without the car, so, I'll have to leave my X at the 4x4 shop for a day or two, and how will you send me the money for the bumper, I have to pay it before I left the place.

I would like to remember that mail company's charge for the weigth or the size, it depends on wich is the highest number, we're are talking about 180-200 pounds aprox. so you now the price will be a little high...

I know the guys at the 4x4 shop, will be glad to have one of their bumper out there at the US, and someone to send it for them, so I wouldn't mind to be guy who send it.

So, what about getting snorkels too, would you be interested?? I could get it, if you accept to pay for it before I send it to you, so you will have to trust in me, I dodn't care about doing you guys a favor, and if you want the bumper and the snorkel, you will only pay for one shipping instead of two.

I know some companys that send merchandise from the US to Venezuela, so I will give them a call to be sure if they do it backwards, I guess they do...

Let me know if you really are interested, between, If the shipping is "affordable" we could make a buy group, and send a big box all over the seas to you, and then you mail them their stuff...

Sorry I have to go and eat some books...

FedEx charges...

I just hang on the phone, FedEx charges aprox. 270$ but they tell that for the weigth of the package they could give me a 25% discount on that price, that will be 200 bucks for the shipping, I assume it will be like 600 bucks or more...

Is someone still interested???

Oso Polar,
Even looking at $600.00 is still a very good price. My grill guard/ winch mount almost cost that much
Any ideas on what this costs?
Dead Link Removed

If I decide to buy one, I would get in touch with you and make all arrangements that need to be arranged.
thank you for looking ito this for me, I really appreciate you taking the time to investagate this stuff for me
thank You

Hey Ray...

Sorry I make a mistake, as I said before, they charges for the bigger number, and the bigger will be the size of the box, wich they think could carry at least 250 pounds, so even that the bumper weight is very far away from that amount, they will charge for the size of the box, they still would give the 20-25% discount that they told me, but the price would be way to high, at FedEx, they wanna charge over 400 bucks, but I have names of other Import-Export company's that probably will have more affordable prices... tomorrow I will call them...

I went today to my 4x4 shop, and ask about that bumper, they told me that they will make it for 470$, and I said that not even a millionarie will pay that much for that bumper, but no changes, so, I went to another one, I told them, that a guy from the US want a bumper, and they didn't wanna believe me, so I insist, and they told me that they will make the same bumper for 430$, and that if I let my X at 7 o'clock at the afternoon I could take back..I think this is a good deal, because, you're getting what you want, and I'm getting my X back at the end of the day...
The guys of the web page, told me that if I want a bumper from them, then I will have to go there and make a date for the next month or two...F*ck them...and I have to say that they probably would want more money for it, I have been there before with some friends and I know that guys...

So, the thing is this... I'm trying to visualize this situation as my future income, I realize that a very high amount of you guys, are interested on bumpers like mine or some other, so I could try to get better prices, so some of you get interested on this, and even we could organize a buy group, so the shipping could be divided in two or three guys... that would be a nice deal... if I get more people, that means more bumpers, that means better prices...

So tomorrow I make some calls and check more prices, to get the better and the lowest, well I will try to, meanwhile, try to get in touch with US companys to check their prices...

Please let me now if you're still interested on the bumper... I saw another picture at the second 4x4 shop, on a green X, man it was just awesome...I will try to post it...

If someone else is interested, please feel free to ask...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New thread has began...

Please all the ones interested on front bumpers , rear bumpers or snorkel for your Xs... please come on in...

Dead Link Removed

Back