D44 SAS Steering Problems | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

D44 SAS Steering Problems

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you get a pic of it for me? :)

More just the mounts on both ends. I don't know.. if you have a front shot that would be perfect.
springs06.jpg

sorry for the delay for some reason my computer needs a driver for my camera now????? I am trying find it now, but did take some pics for you. Page 11 of my build thread shows the axle mount for the panhard bar. The other end is just some "L" brackets I made welded next to my steering box. I am also using the stock 89 grand waggy panhard bar, the bar that has some funky bends in it.

How much shorter is your panhard than the drag link? Were you able to keep them fairly close? I'll check your pics.

EDIT: ahhh.. I forgot you have the luxury of having an inside the frame box. Mine is outside. So my drag link goes from the outside of one side of the frame to the outside of the other. It'll be difficult to keep the panhard that same length.

How much shorter is your panhard than the drag link? Were you able to keep them fairly close? I'll check your pics.

EDIT: ahhh.. I forgot you have the luxury of having an inside the frame box. Mine is outside. So my drag link goes from the outside of one side of the frame to the outside of the other. It'll be difficult to keep the panhard that same length.

I thought if the angle was the same, then the arc of travel will be the same.

They should be parallel and as close to the same length as possible to avoid bump steer.

The pics i took came out pretty bad. I have to add a leaf to the drivers side this week, so I get a better pic when it is up in the air.

Back