Damn!!! I really liked this truck!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Damn!!! I really liked this truck!!!

Provokr

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT 4.6L 4X4
Well.. I was on I-95 when THIS happened...
dscf2048gl8.jpg

dscf2047qe7.jpg

dscf2045gm0.jpg

dscf2044vt7.jpg

I was on 95N in SC in the left lane when it just got done raining and was a little foggy and dark. It was like 5 in the morning. I saw some brake lights in the left lane. I didn't think anything about it until I was right up on them and realized they weren't moving. The fire truck (without his flashing lights on) was on the side of the road. I realized they weren't moving and didn't have time to manuver so I went in between the fire truck and the stalled vehicle on the road. I bounced off the fire truck with my front driver side fender, then bounced off the regular truck on the right side of my vehicle, then bounced back over and hit the fire truck again.

I will tell you what... It is REALLY scary when something like this happens and you look over to the passenger side seat and they are unresponsive... Especially it being your wife!
My door would not open so I pulled the handle and kicked it several times until it came open and out of instinct started pulling my wife out of the truck. Medics stopped me and put us both on stretchers and put us in the ambulance. I think she was knocked unconcious becuase she started talking in the ambulance. She didn't remember anything but her birthday until she got to the hospital, but then started remembering stuff.

Thankfully the Wife and I are fine. She did have some air bag burns, bruises and scrapes. I walked away without a scratch. The truck on the other hand... well I think I will need a paint job. Maybe I should call MAACO....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh man im sorry about that. Its good that you were not hurt to bad

...man that sucks...luckily there were no pedestrians to take out and i hope your wife is alright...never take concussions to lightly...

That's scary about your wife. I know I would die without mine.Glad to see you and yours are okay. To Hell with the truck, Ford made alot more, but God only made one you and one Mr's. Provokr!

Glad you all are ok, ultimately that's all that matters

wanna sell her? lookin for a 5.0

thats really great you and your wife was alright there are plenty more x's to choose from, the only important thing is you guy's were alright.

Thanks for the support guys. God knows that I have no idea what I would do without her. She has changed everything that I think about and my whole outlook on life. I can't help but think about what would have happened if I would have hit one of those vehicles head on.

Big sigh of relief that you and your wife are okay Provokr!

IT's funny the things like this that life throws our way sometimes, thank God everyone is ok. It is events like this that make the good times so much more enjoyable and remind us to not take them for granted.

Look at the positive side, now you get to have fun searching for and customizing a new truck.

Geez, you are 1 lucky man!! I also would not know what to do w/o my wife, glad you & her are o.k. mate :)......take care.... hope this hasn't put you off driving.....good thing you were driving something big like an Explorer, huh? :)

glad your ok. and why wernt the lights on the fire truck flashing?

sounds scary
glad every one is okay.

I am glad that we drove this vehicle because I was considering driving my Cavalier. That thing probably would have crunched like a can. I am going to see how much the insurance wants for the truck. The only salvagable things are the engine, tranny, and transfer case I think. All the axels are snapped and the back leaf springs twisted. The front ball joint broke off the lower control arm and both struts bent the mounts on the arms. I can't even get ANY body parts off it. All of them are trashed. Plus, the truck is about 3 1/2 hours away in a lot where they towed it. Towing fee is $100 plus storage and all the other stuff... I think I will let the insurance company deal with the truck. I don't think I will make that much off the 5.0, tranny and x-fer case to cover all my expenses.

I just bought another '98 XLT. It is a SOHC 2WD... but for $3,000 I can deal with it. It is black with leather and a sunroof. I can't stay away from these trucks for some reason. I really like them.
The crazy thing is that not only is it a '98 and an XLT, but the new truck is only 500 miles different from what my old truck was.

I just bought another '98 XLT. It is a SOHC 2WD... but for $3,000 I can deal with it. It is black with leather and a sunroof. I can't stay away from these trucks for some reason. I really like them.
The crazy thing is that not only is it a '98 and an XLT, but the new truck is only 500 miles different from what my old truck was.

I'd say being that close to the coast you won't ever miss the 4x4. Heck, you'll probably welcome the SOHC 2WD MPG's

:thumbsup: :cool:

I'd say being that close to the coast you won't ever miss the 4x4. Heck, you'll probably welcome the SOHC 2WD MPG's

:thumbsup: :cool:

LOL I am moving to nebraska in 10 months...;)

NOOOO, don't do it!!!! (j/k) ;)

Trust me my friend. You are in God's country right now. I love coastal Carolina :thumbsup:
(I used to live in Charleston and explored alot between Wilmington and Savannah) :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh really? i live in nebraska :thumbsup:, if you're an offroader there are trails and plenty of mud. If you're street driver theres plenty of pavement and it seems like in lincoln i'm never far from highway or interstate speeds

Back