• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Dash cluster alignment

SMD2020ST

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Waldorf, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Is it normal for new cars to not have the dash display directly in front of the driver? I feel like the 12 "gauge cluster" is a bit left of being directly in front of me when I'm seated square in the middle of the driver's seat looking directly forward. Forgive me if this is normal for newer vehicles, my last vehicle was a 2004 Jeep.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

SMD2020ST

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Waldorf, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Actually, it kind of feels like the steering wheel may not be centered in front of me either.

DWD

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT V8
You've hit on one of my biggest automotive pet peeves. Yes, it is very common for the driver's seat, steering wheel, and center dash to NOT line up. It is infuriating and I swear I sit at a weird angle because of it.

Vash610

Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Yep. It's kind of weird to me too and I try not to think about it.

Double_Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Southern MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 XLT
2020 XLT
Was thinking the same thing the other day in my '20 XLT, glad someone else noticed the IP is off center to the left. At least it's not 3-6" off center like my neighbor's 2019 Silverado...

cpainter3

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Troy MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I wish I hadn’t read this thread . . .

themishmosh

Reaction score
City, State
NE Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
As long as the steering well is centered, I'm good!

SMD2020ST

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Waldorf, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
As long as the steering well is centered, I'm good!
I feel like the steering wheel is off to the left as well. About half as far as the display for gauges.

metroplex

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Never had a problem on any of my previous vehicles. 2018 Explorer lines up fine, as does 2017 Fusion. I have heard of issues with the 2020 Explorer's instrument panels not working properly off the factory line at the beginning. I wouldn't put it past Chicago to have alignment issues. They can't align Taurus/Explorer door panels or lights, why would they be trusted to line up instrument panels.