• Register Today It's free!

Dash Swap 91-94 to 95+ (pics)

asp84

Reaction score
City, State
Tempe, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 V8 AWD Mounty

That seems to be way to much work. asp84, I'm curious, with all the swapping of later model Explorer stuff that you have done, ie, engine, tranny, interior, wouldn't have been cheaper (and easier) to just get a later model Ex? Or do you just like the body style that much?

Hey Al... how tough would it be for me to change to the auto climate control?? Would that be a totally different body harness?

PekingMan,
Well, I was able to get all the wiring harnesses dash controls, computers, dash, airbox, H-Vac, etc etc etc for $100. So, it is cheaper than buying a newer explorer imo. Plus, I already did the v8 swap earlier this year....so..I am not going to be selling it. ohh, and do I like the body style? Hell no, I will tending to that this summer when I swap to the 2001 Explorer front end.

Section 525: I will be using the Eddie Bauer Automatic climate control in my conversion. I will have to see how much extra electronics are involved. I know for a fact it has some extra modules, sun load sensors, in the dash and in the heater box. When I get deeper in to the swap I'll let ya know

Back