Dealer called with VIN | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealer called with VIN

Tom523

Reaction score
City, State
Green Bay, WI
My dealer called today (9-1) to give me the VIN on the Kodiak brown, pecan interior LTD, 301A package plus BLIS, we ordered on July 30. Anticipated build date 9-10 (week?), delivery 9-17 (week?). Explorer/Mountineer number 7. Six week lead time's not bad for a build to order unit. :thumbsup: :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats

Congratz... I'm pulling my hair out waiting for mine... 78 days and counting, still no scheduling on the Sport.

Look forward to the pics when it arrives!

My dealer called today (9-1) to give me the VIN...Anticipated build date 9-10 (week?)...
My tracker shows yours started production yesterday, Tom523; I hope the cigars are ready! :D

Congratz... I'm pulling my hair out waiting for mine...
Don’t pull out too much hair, 13Sport; I’m keeping close tabs on yours. :):thumbsup:

Cory

Don’t pull out too much hair, 13Sport; I’m keeping close tabs on yours. :):thumbsup:

No problems there, having been basically bald since I was 18 means that there is no chance of me ever pulling out too much hair ;)

Thanks for keeping an eye on my order, It won't get here soon enough, I'm stuck driving a rental Yaris (uncomfortable, small, unbearable car with a whopping 108hp at my command!) until it arrives.

contratz!

6 weeks sounds about normal. i've special ordered many new vehicles and the dealers have always quoted me 6 weeks. sometimes they've arrived in 4 or 5.

No problems there, having been basically bald since I was 18 means that there is no chance of me ever pulling out too much hair ;)

Thanks for keeping an eye on my order...
You’re welcome, 13Sport. Lucky for you, the “Bruce Willis look” never goes out of style! :D

Cory

Hi Cory, Any update since last week? Thanks, Tom
PS PM'd you also. Tks, TP

The "news" is that the car is done and awaiting transportation to my dealer! Still waiting....................!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi All, Explorer Limited arrived Tues 10/2 after production delay for a "brake pad issue". Kodiak Brown, Pecan interior, 301A + BLIS packages. Beautiful color, it glistens in the sunlight. Order date July 27, delivery Oct. 2 with slight delay. Thanks Cory, Official Ford Rep,for all your help and info updates, (see PM Oct 2). Good luck to all. I'll post pics this weekend. Tom523

Back