Dealer replaced Speed Control Deact Switch now all is haywire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealer replaced Speed Control Deact Switch now all is haywire

BigTrent

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
OK, so last week I finally took my 2002 Explorer to the dealership to have the speed controller deactivation switch replaced under recall 09s09. Today I was driving and all of a sudden the overdrive light (O\D) starts flashing rapidly, then the trans, automatic, started shifting erratically. I stopped the car and restarted it, it stalled twice immediately, then started, it started idling higher than normal. I engaged the tran, and it would not shift out of first. I limped home and noticed that the fuel gauge was wavering, the temp gauge did not work, the O\D light was still flickering, and it was still idling high. All other gauges worked fine. So, could this in anyway be tied to the switch replacement. Either through not installing correctly, or a faulty switch\harness? I have a background in electrical engineering, and computers, but no knowledge of how all the 'stuff' under my hood is tied together, besides the basics that all should know, but don't.
Thanks

Back