Diamond Clear Corners Install on a '99 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Diamond Clear Corners Install on a '99

Due to the consummate cluster f**** in attempting to get diamond corners from another supplier on a group buy, I decided to simply order them from an E Bay seller ( assembleweb http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=assembleweb ). This transaction was flawless and simple. The seller provided immediate Fed Ex tracking data. I highly recommend this seller. The packaging of the corners was outstanding. The cost was $58.95 to my door.

I was pleasantly surprised to find these clear corners to be as nice ( quality wise ) as OEM and much better looking,

The installation is a extremely simple 2 screw ( per corner housing ) removal and disconnection of three light plugs. Replacement is just the reverse. Total installation time was about 10 minutes.

Given that I wanted the nice clean look of non-amber bulbs, I opted for Sylvania SilverStar 3157 bulbs ( http://www.costore.com/performanceshop/productenlarged.asp?peid=34&pid=298206 ); these bulbs appear a silverish color when not illuminated and amber when energized. Unfortunately I had to install without SilverStars; I wnt to 5 different auto parts stores and none had a single 3157.

These corners add the finishing tough to a much “cleaner” lustrous look to the Explorers front when combined with the diamond clear headlights. I can’t wait to get the SilverStars in there.

Attachments

• screw.jpg
    screw.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,809
  • clear vs stock.jpg
    clear vs stock.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,798
  • installed.jpg
    installed.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,822

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im pretty sure the cap is to prevent glare on oncoming traffic. However, if you look at all the stock cars most have cops going over the bulbs. If you REALLY are worried about it, heat it up and open it up. The cap is held on by a screw

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok stylin concepts has them for 35 or 40 there not the dimond but the clear corner

YEa... those are poorly made. They will yellow on you aftyer about 3 months. There are some lucky people on the boards who have not had it happen. The diamonds are the best way to go. They are made MUCH! better.

SkanlaxJMO said:
ok stylin concepts has them for 35 or 40 there not the dimond but the clear corner

yeah i can't wait to get the $$ for them as well
you should pull the ambers out and have all white like me! other then the marker light isn't hyperwhite like the rest so it looks weird....were'd u get the hyper white markers? the only ones i found were uber expensive

YEA! I bought the same lights Aldive got from assembleweb on eBay, put Silverstars in the headlights and factory foglights, and installed the signal chrome bulbs from autolumination like BuffaloXplorer. It was easy to do and looks great, but I don't notice a whole lot more light over the stock assemblies with Eurolite plasma bulbs. I adjusted them myself, but it's still kind-of a weird pattern on the road, too. Anyone else notice this?

I'm still thinking of top bumper mounting a set of euro type aux lights for more candlepower on back roads. Anyone have an opinion as to the best way to go? Still thinking of Hella Black Magic's, just because they're cool, but I'm open to a cheaper solution. :D Thanks!

Now that you mention it. I noticed that the light beam pattern is kinda weird. Its kinda like I see a black spot closer to the X in the middle. But when I put my fog lights on everything is clear. I still need to get mine reaimed higher.

Stomper said:
YEA! I bought the same lights Aldive got from assembleweb on eBay, put Silverstars in the headlights and factory foglights, and installed the signal chrome bulbs from autolumination like BuffaloXplorer. It was easy to do and looks great, but I don't notice a whole lot more light over the stock assemblies with Eurolite plasma bulbs. I adjusted them myself, but it's still kind-of a weird pattern on the road, too. Anyone else notice this?

I'm still thinking of top bumper mounting a set of euro type aux lights for more candlepower on back roads. Anyone have an opinion as to the best way to go? Still thinking of Hella Black Magic's, just because they're cool, but I'm open to a cheaper solution. :D Thanks!

Stomper said:

I agree. I've purchased and installed the same lamps with silverstar bulbs and am having problems. Although the light output is a slight improvement over my fogged over stock lamps, the emitted light pattern is scatterered, and splotchy. My lamps came with the new center reflective caps that cover the bulbs, and based on the testimonials of folks with pre-centercap lamps, I suspect that the caps may be the cause of the "splotchy" light pattern. Has anyone else with the new lamps with the centercap noticed this?

Or, I could have just installed them wrong.

So what bulbs would I need to get for the headlight and foglights? Also, does anyone know where I can get diamond fogs too. The only ones I can find are cheap autozone ones for like 40 bucks.

Re

I dont know if this has been said or not, but im not gonna read through 5 pages of crap to find out.

I installed some New Headlights, Clear Corners, and New Bulbs over the summer, and I just want to say that its a great upgrade. The Look is worth what they cost, and the light output is outstanding.

Just Make sure that you Aim the Bulbs the correct direction if you change the headlights and/or bulbs. It isnt hard, there is a little rod that extends through the shroud above the headlights and It is easy to adjust. If you dont notive a GREAT INCREASE in the amount of light when you upgrade your bulbs, you either bought ****ty bulbs or you need to aim them right.

Add another mod to the to-do list... After getting T-boned by a Trans-sport Van I got thrown off my mod schedule :D A new door and a little home body work and all is well. The van, however, was totally trashed. Those look great though, as soon as I have the $$, that's going on. Oh, and a painting of my peeling "Chrome" grille.

Back