Different ideas for lifting a daily driver | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Different ideas for lifting a daily driver

2sickx

Reaction score
City, State
pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 eb
i want to lift my truck but increase the handling and ride hieght, im basicly trying to turn my explorer into a "REAL TRUCK" well i already ordered my 6"skyjacker lift :thumbsup: and im debating if i should do a 3 " body lift

heres my question, if i would get 9" of lift(6"susp 3"body) and throw on some stiffer sway bars, how would my handleing be, i know itll never be a sports car, i just want to keep what i have stock

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Handling isn't going to be but so great because of the higher center of gravity - especially with that body lift

-Drew

with the body lift it would be worse then a staight 9 suspension, with the 6 skykjacker some stiffer bars, good grippy tires, and if you drive it correctly you should be fine.

why do you need 9 inches for a daily driver?

IAmTodd said:
why do you need 9 inches for a daily driver?
I was thinking that too......i mean wow big of tires are you running with 33's the 6 inches is fine with 35's the TTB will not like it. I am saying stick to the 6inch with some 33's and get some pics when it is done.

just do the suspension and 33s, if its a DD you will also be happier with the gas milage difference between 9" and 35's and 6" and 33's

IMO a 3" BL doesn't really do much of anything to your center of gravity. I haven't noticed much if any difference after having my BL on for almost a year.

im thinking more like 315/75/16 tires(35's) but i just want more lift because its mostly mudding up here, and i want to not rub the 35's with the more flexy susp

Im running the 33" with 9" lift setup, 5,5" superlift w/ 3" bl. It handles like you would think it would, it aint no sports car, but its a DD and it gets me everywhere I want to go and back. I just have to avoid driving like im in an Indy Car, other than that I have no problems anywhere. BTW, I have no (None whatsoever) sway bars. :D Gas milage is a solid 10mpg with 3.73's

on the TTB it is not the best idea to run 35's....if you did an SAS thern that is a difrent story. For the extra lift you could so shackels and F-150 spacers for 8 inches of suspension

shackles yes, spacers no. You will not get it aligned with spacers and 5.5" lift coils. It just isnt possible. I run 1.5" shackles and I love em, but when we tried to align it with my 5.5" coils and f150 spacers it just wouldnt align.

Back