Digital Gauges on my 2002 Explorer Limited, plus a few other goodies | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Digital Gauges on my 2002 Explorer Limited, plus a few other goodies

JPWM

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
I added a:
Digital Transmission Temperature Gauge
Digital Oil Pressure Gauge
Digital Voltometer

I also put on a new CB, and some strobes(which I use for work occassionally):
Cobra 148 NW ST Mobile CB
Head-light/Tail-light Strobes

And I flushed the tranny with some Amsoil synthetics, and also started using Amsoil in the 4.6L
Amsoil Oil & Transmission Fluid(synthetics)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pics Please!

I would take pics, but I don't have a digital camera...

But it's right below my Digital Climate Control........me and my friend cut out holes in the area down there and wires emm up......it looks very nice. We used a Dremel :)

not having a digital camera is no excuse for no pictures. Just use a normal camera and have the pcitures developed and saved on cd or disk. Then use a site like www.imagestation.com to host them. There are many people (like me) who dont even know what the inside of a 2002 looks like.

Does anyone have pics or an explanation on where they mounted a tranny temp gauge?

Thanks.....

Where did you hook up your oil pressure gauge? I want go get one but I dont know where to get the reading from.

Originally posted by JPWM
I flushed the tranny with some Amsoil synthetics

How come did you change the tranny fluid. The 2002s comes with a sealed unit that do not need changing for the first 150,000 miles under normal use. Now that you have removed the factory fluid, how can you check the fluid level with no dipstick under the hood?

Thanks,
Shane

Back