• Register Today It's free!

do i need new rotors or not?

idontknow82

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT V6 OHV
I have to do brakes again, i think its the back ones again. It makes that zrrrr sound up front if i have to brake hard, like the front is taking the load instead of the back helping. I had done the back before. Like in november 2008 i think.
Got them solid unvented autozone ones. Probly too much heat build up because of the unvented design. So my question is can i just get new pads?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you just did the rear brakes in Nov, I don't see how they could have worn down already unless you have a caliper problem. How many miles has it been? If the sound is coming from the front, you should pull the front wheels and see how they look.

I also forgot to mention i had someone do the front brakes in october 2008.

I usually get between 50-60,x.. out of fronts, and a little more out of backs. And that is with pulling trailers constantly. I believe you have a different problem that needs to be adressed.

yeah i really gotta push hard if i gotta stop quickly, I did have a abs sensor unplugged by one of the wheels for winter. Do they need to be bled or what?

Since your front do a majority of the braking I'd doubt your only problem is the rears given your symptoms. How is your brake fluid level? Do they need to be bled maybe? Maybe just an adjustment or if you have cheap brakes they could all be worn already..

Since your front do a majority of the braking I'd doubt your only problem is the rears given your symptoms. How is your brake fluid level? Do they need to be bled maybe? Maybe just an adjustment or if you have cheap brakes they could all be worn already..

I checked the fluid level, it seems slightly lower, so theres gotta be wear somewhere.

Back