• Register Today It's free!

dome light

tuin42man

Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 explorer limited
After power steering recall update I can't seem to turn offf the third row seat dome light. Any suggestions?

After power steering recall update I can't seem to turn offf the third row seat dome light. Any suggestions?

Hi tuin42man,

Let's see if I can shed some light on this? Did you try to manually push the control switch? According to your Owner's Manual, the battery saver will turn off the interior and exterior lamps ten minutes after the ignition control has been turned off. You can read more about this in the second printing of your Owner's Manual starting on page 78. Download a free copy of it here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage

If you're still unable to turn it off, I'd recommend making an appointment at your dealership for diagnosis. How many miles are on your Explorer?

Crystal

I tried the switch, does not work. It does go off after the 10 minutes with car off, but it stays on from the time you get in until 10 minutes after you turn off the ignition and exit the vehicle. 2012 limited, 55,000 miles.

I tried the switch, does not work. It does go off after the 10 minutes with car off, but it stays on from the time you get in until 10 minutes after you turn off the ignition and exit the vehicle. 2012 limited, 55,000 miles.

Sounds like it's time to pull the trigger on a trip to the dealer, tuin42man. Let me know when you head in and I'll be able to research some ways to help.

Crystal

Back